Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 04:19 AM   #171
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I agree GD is getting spamy. I'm about to do something about it too!

(Evil grin)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-26-2002, 06:00 AM   #172
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
, now talking about the past and about LoA gay bar???
Sorry, no gay bar for me lol I think you missed that we were joking
Old 08-26-2002, 06:57 AM   #173
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Well, I don't mean to get personal but, in my view, the only reason for this thread over a PM would havebeen because the originator didn't want to feel alone when contacting a mod. maybe he figured it would have more weight if people agreed with it
It's okay to use my name LS, I won't take it personally. Yeah, that's right I need to feel that I've got back up - that sounds like me.

I didn't PM a mod because I'm not going to run to a teacher like a child would. I believe this was a discussion worth having because it is about the way that GD is heading. I can discuss this openly, why are you so defensive?

Anyway it is apparent that many, many people feel there is too much spam here.

PS - that thing about my posts being drivel, I've given it some thought, perhaps you just don't understand them.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-26-2002, 07:03 AM   #174
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Neb. I'll take a swing at "why the thread?" Perhaps it's more like a petition, and to make clear that more than onemember is unhappy with the general direction that things have gone of late. I certainly agree that one can always just ignore the threads that one is not interested in, but there seems to have been so many of them of late.
Precisely Attalus - I could have PM'd Ziroc or any of the mods but I'm only one voice. What I wanted to know was wether there were others who felt the same but weren't saying anything because they felt they were the only ones.

From the replies it seems there were many others.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-26-2002, 07:06 AM   #175
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I agree totally. That's one of the reasons why I seldom visit here anymore. Too much useless stuff to weed through.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:08 AM   #176
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't understand all the fuzz, if you don't like what you see, then don't read it. It's the same as reading a newspaper, some articles you read, some you don't.
Nice analogy johnny. In my sunday paper there is a pull out section for the cartoons. I put it straight in the bin because I don't find it interesting. I don't write to the editor asking him to stop because I know there are a lot of people who read that section.

However, if the cartoons started taking up the first four or five pages of the newspaper I might decide to write to him or I might decide to read another paper. If enough people do that then the paper will have only cartonns and nothing else.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:13 AM   #177
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
]Likewise. I apologise to Donut for my early stance. I initially saw a dig and that's a problem with me, not our loveable footy fan [img]smile.gif[/img]

Apology accepted and reciprocated Lord Shield. To be perfectly honest I had no idea who originated the posts I listed.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:14 AM   #178
Sigmar
Unicorn

[quote]Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:
[qb]. What I wanted to know was wether there were others who felt the same but weren't saying anything because they felt they were the only ones.

But there were others who opinions that disagreed with your statement, what we are doing might not be to everyone's taste but neither were the large amount of politic and religous threads that plagued these forums a while back. It came to a point where enough was enough and Ziroc drew the line, the same is occuring now I presume.

It looks like all we need is a lesson in moderation, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:24 AM   #179
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
BTW Donut... I think this is the most replies you've gotten to one of your topics in ages, you devious bastard
It's beat even such gems as "How long is your nose".
Okay - this is out of context so let me explain. The 'How long is your nose' thread was posted to shed (sublety) some light on the frivolous nature of many posts around at the time. I was using it to make a point.

Not every one got it though and people actually measured their noses.

Of course LoA had to top it and that's what prompted the infamous 'longest booger thread'.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:30 AM   #180
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:
[qb]. What I wanted to know was wether there were others who felt the same but weren't saying anything because they felt they were the only ones.

But there were others who opinions that disagreed with your statement, what we are doing might not be to everyone's taste but neither were the large amount of politic and religous threads that plagued these forums a while back. It came to a point where enough was enough and Ziroc drew the line, the same is occuring now I presume.

It looks like all we need is a lesson in moderation, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
I too am not a great fan of religious or political threads , but they were discussions , and did belong in a genral discussions forum however even a pleb like me finds it difficult to have a discussion over poking someone with a 4 ft haddock or the like , also surely the what's your favourite ...( pick any 1 from 50 ) belong in the polls forum. So from what i can make of it the main problem seems to be people posting in the wrong forums.

Just my opinion.. which probabally should go in the opinions forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]