Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 03:21 PM   #131
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Errrm...I'm really sorry if what I've done was classed as spam I saw it as a bit of fun, but if you all really object I'll send hate mail to whacky instead of [img]graemlins/whip.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:01 PM   #132
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Err I might not be the best person to add anything since im already a culprit but i think that IW must think over recruting a few additional mods, i wont mention names though, that way the mods wont be overworked and they can help control the spam, and once again if i did spammed it was out of ignorance not intention!
Old 08-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #133
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Err I might not be the best person to add anything since im already a culprit but i think that IW must think over recruting a few additional mods, i wont mention names though, that way the mods wont be overworked and they can help control the spam, and once again if i did spammed it was out of ignorance not intention!
But that's just it. The mods are kind enough to be spending so much time helping out already: it isn't their JOB to keep reminding people of the rules, we're all smart enough to do that ourselves, aren't we? Surely we don't need them to babysit us. The mods are there for when we get a troll infestation, or to lock a thread, or to help along a newbie with the rules. They really appreciate it if we are self-regulating as much as possible. It's simple really - use common sense... don't post just to increase your rank, don't post six times in a row, don't use your signature with every post, especially if it's big or if you posted multiple times on that page already... I'm sure those things don't pose a problem to any of us and it saves the mods a whole lot of unnecessary work. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #134
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
But that's just it. The mods are kind enough to be spending so much time helping out already: it isn't their JOB to keep reminding people of the rules, we're all smart enough to do that ourselves, aren't we? Surely we don't need them to babysit us. The mods are there for when we get a troll infestation, or to lock a thread, or to help along a newbie with the rules. They really appreciate it if we are self-regulating as much as possible. It's simple really - use common sense... don't post just to increase your rank, don't post six times in a row, don't use your signature with every post, especially if it's big or if you posted multiple times on that page already... I'm sure those things don't pose a problem to any of us and it saves the mods a whole lot of unnecessary work. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ah, common sense. Would that it were not so uncommon.

[ 08-25-2002, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 08-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #135
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Ah, common sense. Would that it were not so uncommon.
Aye 'twould that 'twere! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 05:37 PM   #136
Tancred
White Dragon

Hey ho. I'll grant you, I'm in too many of those threads. Came back after a few months of wandering... nostalgic for the old action of Lord Shield's Bars... ah, I'm just an old fogey trying to be hip and cool by playing with the young crowd...
Old 08-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #137
SecretMaster
Apophis

Man, I would like to be a Moderator come to think of it, not because of the powers, but becuase i enjoy helpin people and getting rid of excess trash to IW (threads that is)
Old 08-25-2002, 05:52 PM   #138
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Hey ho. I'll grant you, I'm in too many of those threads. Came back after a few months of wandering... nostalgic for the old action of Lord Shield's Bars... ah, I'm just an old fogey trying to be hip and cool by playing with the young crowd...
Times have changed . Neb tried to restart the bar threads (asked me first, bless him) but it's not the same now

I haven't even done anything with Lord Raptor for ages

Old 08-25-2002, 05:52 PM   #139
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Man, I would like to be a Moderator come to think of it, not because of the powers, but becuase i enjoy helpin people and getting rid of excess trash to IW (threads that is)
It starts that way, at least. Before you know it, misuse of the kind of ultimate power one can wield can transform you into a glorymad crazed giant! Before you know it, those you once counted as best friends will turn against you, and cast you out; and you will nurture your hatred and strike back; amassing vast armies of darkness to crush all in your path. Only a desperate alliance between the other Moderator Powers could stop you, and I'm nt sure we're all ready for that kind of cataclysm yet...

Mind you, it could also be like having a paper round; character building, and all that. Give you a sense of responsibilty and achievement; give you the chance to make friends in the community and uphold the dictates and precepts of civilised behaviour in a firm but restrained way.

You will only know what path you will take if you take up the gauntlet... dare you find out?

Tancred... musing

PS Being called 'SecretMaster' might give all involved a clue...
Old 08-25-2002, 05:54 PM   #140
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Times have changed . Neb tried to restart the bar threads (asked me first, bless him) but it's not the same now

[/QUOTE]Changed indeed, and how, goodman Shield. How long ago it all seems... (snif)