Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Where can I go to sell all the ebony weapons and other high ticket items? No one seems to have enough cash!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
ElegantProse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well there is a critter in Caldera, called Scamp i believe. He can be found in the Ghorak Mansion 2nd Floor, he has 5000 septims every 24 hrs (wait beside him for 24 hrs to make process faster). If you can find/sell to him Ebony Darts(2000/per or Deadric Darts 4000/per (all found in 4s or 5s) using the buy/sell method til each item in sold. There is also a mudcrab south of Suran who has 10000 septims but he is harder to find and also doesn't have the handy Mages guild close for travel.

Hope this helps.

EG.

Sell him all Ebony Darts *2k each* then in order to sell 10k item just sell it for max value (given automatically if item is repaired) then buy back 3 darts *6k* which in turn will give you 4k then sell each Dart back to make up the rest of the 6k.

If you want the Ebony Darts go to Suran find the dealer that has them on his desk and kill him *evil grin* Fast and easy cash.

[ 11-09-2003, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: ElegantProse ]
Old 11-10-2003, 04:37 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

You'd better install the "Temple Fences" plugin [img]smile.gif[/img] You get 11 additional traders, each of them with 250 000 gold but with nothing to offer. You are supposed to sell them expensive items.
The traders are "fences", therefore, they accept stolen stuff. On the other hand, they are implemented as normal traders - they are not implemented as idiots which will pay bags of money for worthless items.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 AM   #4
Oruboris

Another strategy to keep in mind:

If you pay to have your items enchanted, you'll find its very expensive, but its also a sure thing: they never fail that I've seen.

And enchanter's will buy anything NOT alchemy related [and alchemists won't buy books: go figure...].

If you sell an enchanter ANY cheap item, then have something massive enchanted, the enchanter will have your money for the rest of the 24 hour period till it resets. You can then sell them your glass, ebony and daedric items, excess soul gems, etc.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:39 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Or just get the plugin that gives the Creeper more cash, mine has 100.000 to spend every 24 hours, that'll do just fine.

Unless of course you're playing an X-box version ?
Old 11-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
GForce

Hey John ... if you don't want to add plug ins and play it straight, there are basically foour richer merchants in the game:

1) Creeper with 5000 - scamp in Ghorak manor at Caldera
2) Mudcrab with 10000 - best way to direct is, go to the Vivec boat dock. With the map handy, face directly East. Have your water walking shoes or spell on. Go directly east until you reach a daedric ruin. Near that ruin is a very small island. The crab is there. he won't attack unless you do.
3) The master trainer of Mercantile with 9000 - he's an Ashlander so might not be too friendly until later on thru the Main quest. Go to Molag Mar. Levitate directly south (I think) over the mountains and in a green pasture are some Ashlander tents. He's in one of them.
4) Nacarya the White in Balmora with 3000 - but only for Alchemy stuff.

Edit: Oops! I just remembered. The Mercantile Ashlander is not at Molag Mar but the Zainab camp in the Grazelands. Look at the Eastern part of the map for Grazelands. Sorry. BTW there is the Athletic master trainer at the Molag Mar camp.

[ 11-10-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: GForce ]
Old 11-10-2003, 04:03 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:

3) The master trainer of Mercantile with 9000 - he's an Ashlander so might not be too friendly until later on thru the Main quest. Go to Molag Mar. Levitate directly south (I think) over the mountains and in a green pasture are some Ashlander tents. He's in one of them.

Edit: Oops! I just remembered. The Mercantile Ashlander is not at Molag Mar but the Zainab camp in the Grazelands. Look at the Eastern part of the map for Grazelands. Sorry. BTW there is the Athletic master trainer at the Molag Mar camp.
Don't waste your time on this guy! He buys things at really deflated prices (obviously why he has so much cash ). If you try to sell him something that is worth 1000, he'll give you about 200 or something (dunno exactly, I just remember being really annoyed at his cheapness ). You can't get him to go much higher even with perfect mercantile and disposition. Better to use Creeper or the mudcrab, as they buy at or close to the worth of the item.

Also, if you have either of the expansions (Tribunal or Bloodmoon) and haven't installed them, do so as they have merchants with lots more money [img]smile.gif[/img]