Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
Tree Monster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hope someone can help - I don't want to have to start over. I entered the Asylum through the front door, but now both doors inside the Asylum are protected by wards and I cannot get anywhere, and I cannot leave across the bridge because either I or my group gets turned to stone. The bad news is all my game saves are after this point. Pleeeeeeeease help!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:04 AM   #2
Mellagar

I remember walking into the Asylum front doors. Been awhile so bare with me if you can. As I recall there is a cowled wizard standing at the entrance to the place. If you talk to him he will lead you around the asylum introducing you to all the fruitcakes there. Then a *big* surprise will happen and you go from there. This may of course be wrong as its been awhile since I walked through the fronts doors. I usually smuggled myself in. Hope this helps some, best of luck!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:05 AM   #3
Mellagar

Although I myself am new here, I still would like to welcome you to the board.

WELCOME!
Old 06-26-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I would try what mellagar suggests, and well welcome both of you!

Seems though that it might be something else. YOu have entered the doors and have you talked to the Cowled wizard inside? Or did you use the smuggle option!

Gotta know more here friend..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-26-2001, 09:00 AM   #5
Tree Monster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually there was no cowled wizard when I entered. I just walked into the main "lobby," with the two visible doors protected, and no one there. It is beginning to sound like something is not right...
Old 06-26-2001, 09:22 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Tree Monster:
Actually there was no cowled wizard when I entered. I just walked into the main "lobby," with the two visible doors protected, and no one there. It is beginning to sound like something is not right...
Ehh, well since I never sneaked inside but just entered boldly right on.. I can´t tell I am at least familiar with what you say. When I entered the cowled dude adressed me and on with the show.. Hmm, hopefully someone here can help you. Have you checked the BG2 faq at the official site? Their might be help there.. Sorry I can´t help you any more...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper