Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, I'm all for lovely views and such....but uh HELP! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

So I had a little time to kill til hubby got his Massive hak loaded and I decided to take my mage, Winterberry for a little stroll about the Yawning Portal.

She chats with Durnan, checks out his stock cabinets (he really must get thinner, it's hard to get behind him and his buddy to check those cabinets out! hehe) She discovers all that's in the cabinets is a set of lock pick keys and wanders off to find some catnip for Choc.

Winterberry hires Cookie on for some muscle and protection then decides after shes walked about the inn's main floor a bit that she might like some air and heads out the door to the city. HEY Durnan! When did you put the transporter in that door!? And immediately finds herself on the roof of the Yawning Portal Inn.

Imagine her amazement! Standing up there with Cookie, who miraculously teleported to her side while her Mephit, Blueberry Cobbler is still on the lower level, flapping his little self silly, wondering where his mistress has gone! She takes a little stroll around and finds a door! Wonderful, she thinks, and tries to open it....uhoh...no, it's locked! So a little BASHerroonie with her trusty +8 Icy Burst Drow longsword and the door is down! WHOOHOO

But then nothing is there! Darkness with a tantalizing hint of a pile of gold off in the gloom. So poor Winterberry strolls about, as evening falls and calls to any who pass: "HELP ME! I'm stuck on the roof of the Yawning Portal and I can't get down!" But alas, none will hear her cries! Even the town guardsmen are oblivious! They offer advice on finding magic items, armor and adventure, even directions to the Inn she's already standing on, but no help in getting the damsel off the roof, oh woe is her! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Will poor Winterbery languish forever on the roof of the Inn, dreaming of adventures and glittery loot from afar? Only the Webmaster (or Halaster) knows for sure! LOL

But one thing is clear....if the only way out of the Inn leads to the roof, we're all in trouble! HAHAHA!

[ 07-03-2006, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sniffle....poor mage,she spent the whole night up there!

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] That must be some sort of record! HAHAHAHA

[ 07-02-2006, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BTW, Z, the view really IS lovely from up on the roof! The whole harbor is beautifully done!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Note to silly mage types, never summon your familiar when walking out doors...It can be hazardous to your area transitions...Glad that wasn't me...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HAHAHA...well, I summoned it after I got out on the roof! Funny thing is, Cookie joined me for the roof walk but the familiar didn't! It stayed on the ground level outside the Yawning Portal door.

I ended up there all night and then some, even left the game and returned.....back to the roof!

[ 07-02-2006, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

LOL I saw your familiar clouds. but I did not bother to look up to the roof. I saw your cry for help later on but I was surrounded by the dead in level 4. (and I did not have a ladder [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Hope the fire brigade come soon

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, that was you on the server, Wellard? I didn't realize it.. LOL Which one was your pc?
Poor Winterberry, she spent the night up there and came to the conclusion that the staff of the Yawning Portal and the Waterdeep constabulary have got to get a ladder! As you can see, the guards were embarassed at the lack of equipment and ran off without answering her pleas!

[ 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

[img]graemlins/Funny_post.gif[/img]

LOL we should not all log in, go outside the tavern and stand and stare (laugh) at Cloudy ... that would be soooo wrong! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Well the server is down at the moment so things may be reset when it comes back on line

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]tongue.gif[/img] HAHA! Well, I'm off to go finish a cake and watch some tv with the hubby. We will be wandering the Undermountain tomorrow, though! He has been waiting to do this for a while and we finally got some time off and got the hak downloaded and unzipped!

I'll bring in my mage/cleric, Clarice Goldenfleur with his ranger/rogue. Winterberry will be free to recuperate from her ordeal on the roof while I play with Clarice! LOL
Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

LOL! Now that is odd for sure! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll connect those doors to the inside of the inn now, so you can atleast use the door incase this happens again.. how weird! Cool that you are the first to ever be up there though [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote