Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 07:53 PM   #1
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I just finished the Temple of the Forgotten God last night with a successful campaign against the evil within. While resting in Kuldahar, I was reviewing the loot that I grabbed from this tomb of terror, and noticed that I did not locate the 2H Flaming Axe. I was able to locate the Flaming Bastard Sword, but I would have really liked to nab this additional fire attack since I now will be facing the vile lizards and trolls of the Dragon's Eye.

When I realized that I hadn't come across this treasure, I went back to ensure that I hit every location, and indeed, I left no stone unturned. Nowhere was I able to locate this axe. I had read somewhere on another site that this is where this prize was located so I'm wondering if it may have been moved to another dungeon later on in the game.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I might find let me know. Tonight... it's on to the Eye of the Dragon to defile the evil that lies within!

(and maybe rescue a damsel in distress!)

Lord Teppenwolfe
Lord Teppenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 09:08 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Items in IWD are semi-random, so you might not get some items. There are chests that have 3 or 4 possible treasures, and you get one of them randomly, so you cant get the axe this game. Only way to get the axe is -apart from cheating- by reloading an earlier savegame and entering the area again. The item you will get is set when you first load the area, so if you enter the area and dont like the treasure, you can reload a save where you hadnt loaded that area and try again.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:13 PM   #3
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the cheats enabled at this time, and in all fairness to myself, I only use quicksave as opposed to saving multiple games. So I'm happy that I got one of the flaming swords... will surely help my little thief with his Fire Dagger!

I'm sure that after I finish the game, I'll load up every cheat I can find, but for now I enjoy the challenge of working my way through without them. =)

Lord Teppenwolfe
Old 12-02-2001, 09:12 PM   #4
Robert Mcelroy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm three quarters of the way through the game and I never came across that flaming axe!!Would have made some battles a lot easier.

Rats.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #5
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well after finishing Wurm Tooth, I've got more fire based weapons than I know what to do with. Also, when I was working my way through the towers back in Dorns Deep, I found that the ghost vendor there sells not only fire based weapons, but also fire ARROWS! Yes...no more hack and slay (well at least until I run out of arrows).

Lord Teppenwolfe
Old 12-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #6
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler or not, (Some people want to know NOTHING they don't figure out for themselves, but then I guess they wont be crusing around message boards ans the like...) but this is how I take care of trolls:

I buy the flaming oil from the potion guy in Kuldahar. Once my party drops a troll, or mabye two or three if they'll be close together, we back off and toss a flaming oil between them. Works great. They have to be in the "hibernation" phase of getting whacked, that is, on the ground in a fetal position.

my 2 cp
Old 12-06-2001, 09:10 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

What Ghost vendor???????????????????????????????????????????
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:14 PM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Teppenwolfe:

I only use quicksave as opposed to saving multiple games.

L/T, you really should at least use one non-quicksave game slot, aside from quicksave. It can save you alot of headaches. What I usually do is do a LOT of quicksaves and every time I quit a game session, I make a second save for the game. That way, if I need to rollback for some reason, I have a save from when I before the last time I started a play session.

quote:

What ghost vendor?????

SPOILER
On the 4th floor of The Severed Hand, there's a ghost vendor that sells some useful stuff.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote