Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
rucoay
Welcomed New User

Letter

I've just rescued imoen from the spellhold asylum and have been killing folks for a while, I am already in the underground city. However, i cannot get her to cast any spells that are in her spell book. She can only use the scroll spells. I had her "memorize" most of the spells, but she wont cast them.The spells on the tool bar appear grayed-out. I tried taking off all her protective gear (with the idea that a particular item in her inventory might be interfering with her powers) and that failed. I had the bunch sleep mre than enough times as to regenerate her power, and that also failed. Would anybody have an idea of what's going on? Would she just suddenly get her powers back once i pass a certain level? Or am I missing anything? tx
Old 08-26-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Did you rest after memorizing spells? If not, rest.

Is her Intelligence low when you check (like from a Mind Flayer or something)? If so, give it a few minutes.

Is she wearing armor? If she is, take it off silly!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Did you rest after memorizing spells? If not, rest.
He said he rested multiple times

Is her Intelligence low when you check (like from a Mind Flayer or something)? If so, give it a few minutes.
I thought there weren't any Mind Flayers until the end of spellhold, if any at all. He surely would have noticed by early in the beginning.

Is she wearing armor? If she is, take it off silly!
He said he took off all her protective gear
[ 08-26-2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
rucoay
Welcomed New User

Ah, yes. The answer was right in front of me and I did not see it. These were my downfalls:

1) I took off her protective gear, and checked her spells without letting her rest. Nothing happened

2) I let her rest with the gear still on. Nothing happened.

So the answer was a combination of both:

3) I took off all her protective gear and then let her rest for 8 hours. Now her spells are readily available. Beware little monsters.

Thanks a bunch for the enlightment.

R
Old 08-27-2005, 12:05 AM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Thanks Sir G!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

No problem. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

On top of that, you can encounter Mind Flayers before going to Spellhold. Remember the sewers dammit!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
On top of that, you can encounter Mind Flayers before going to Spellhold. Remember the sewers dammit!
But you can't go into the Sewers before passing through the underground city, which he said is the part he's going through now...
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

... *sigh* Do you people actually read posts? Who mentions Spellhold first? Maybe I was answering him!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
But you can't go into the Sewers before passing through the underground city....
Uh....you certainly can, and always could. I'm uncertain as to what you think you mean by this.

For my part, I think that when rucoay says "the underground city," he's talking about Ust Natha. Plenty of illithids to be found nearby....not that he mentioned any, and they don't affect spellcasting in the slightest anyway (except while you're Stunned, of course).