Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 04:02 PM   #1
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have not seen this tip however, I'm sure someone has used it.

In chapter three just before giving the parts to the Astrolab and the Hearstone Gem to Larrel, drop all the quest parts and gem on the floor. Save the game as FAST EXP, you will want to keep this one forever. DON'T GIVE THE PARTS TO ANYONE YET, JUST PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR!

This is over 160,000 EXP!>

Now after saving the game go to the modify character button and delete all character in your group but one. Have him or her pick up all the quest pieces and he/she will get all 160,000 EXP solo. You can then export her, reload the FAST EXP game, delete all characters and import whomever you want to receive this 160,000 EXP... even a level one character.. or the same character over and over again. Export him/her then reload and do it all over again. This is some REALLY FAST EXP!

Now be careful when exporting because quest items and containers do not get saved. When you reload the FAST EXP game, the items you need to get this EXP will always be there as long as you save right after you drop the items on the ground.

So if you don't like your dual class cleric/thief because they can't backstab with a mace or club, then create a dual class fighter/thief export them and load FAST EXP and import them to get them up to the level of all your other characters fast without having to restart from scratch.

Hope this helps someone.

J. Hill

P.S. This is a cheat and will ruin the fun of the game, so try to play without using this before cheating.
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 06:13 AM   #2
lVlYTHl2ILVVEAVEl2
Welcomed New User

Cool tip I'll try it. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:38 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I've Just Spotted Your PS! I Agree, This Would Ruin Alot Of The Fun In The Game! I Wouldn't Try It Unless Very Stuck!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:39 PM   #4
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found an even FASTER FAST EXP....

This time follow similar steps, but in HoW expansion... talk to Murdaugh, the bard in Lonelywood. Hear his sad tale... when you go to Gloomfrost and talk with Tiernon have him make you an Ice Rose.

After you get the Ice Rose go back to Murdaugh drop the rose on the ground and Save the game as SUPER FAST EXP. Then follow the same import process and reloading process.

This item quest gives you 630,000 EXP!!

Again becareful with quest items and containers because when you export they will not save.

Arkain

If I find even faster ways, I will continue to post here. I'm sure there are.

P.S. Again this is a cheat and will ruin the fun for the game.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Arkain ]

Old 02-02-2002, 03:16 PM   #5
Chainy The Cold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gee guys you might as well use some cheats...
Old 02-03-2002, 11:21 AM   #6
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is a cheat... look at the title "FAST EXP: Cheat..."

The P.S. statements of my post states the same thing.

But I continue to state don't use this unless you have beat the game already, it will ruin the fun. The only way I would use it would be to get a different character type to my core characters level... maybe I have a bard who in my opinion start to stink towards the end of the game except for IDing thing, songs aren't bad, and spells are okay... but I want a cleric/illusionist or mage/cleric instead. Just create the character, load this game and have them get the EXP of core characters and buy spells. No need to start over from scratch.

But people will use this as the cheat it is to create super high level characters to run through the game... that ruins the fun.

This post is to let people know that I know it's a cheat, but people look for them, this is just one I brought to light.

Arkain
Old 02-05-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

Thanks for the tip! I experimented with running characters solo through the first part of the game, to effectively get six times the xp available in Easthaven. I did not, however extrapolate this technique to its logical extension. (Possible minor spoiler coming .....) I wonder if you can do this for other (earlier) parts of the game, like returning Mirek's heirloom? This would be cheating a little, for if you only wanted a little extra boost of xp to get you through the Vale.
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #8
NobleNick
Quintesson

Oh.... And I was going to say that.....

IWD is a fairly linear game (so far as I've gone) and if you find yourself with a sub-optimal mix of characters, the game does not readily allow you to compensate by going on side adventures to beef up your characters. It is times/situations like these where "cheating" actually enhances enjoyment of the game! (Who enjoys reloading for the umpteenth time on every fifth encounter, just cause your party is perpetually behind the power curve?)
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote