Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 10:11 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Since the original one has only 61 posts, was it really necessary to start another one?

Please, guys, let the post count get to at least over 150 before starting a new thread, and make sure everyone knows to start using the new one. We have enough problems right now with the server going up and down like a yo-yo on crack. Just a suggestion for the future.

Thanks,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hiya Sazman! I noticed that too but I didn't give it much thought as I think under the circumstances the new thread is a kind of memorial in loving memory of Cloudy's grandmothers passing away.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:32 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Hiya Sazman! I noticed that too but I didn't give it much thought as I think under the circumstances the new thread is a kind of memorial in loving memory of Cloudy's grandmothers passing away.
That wasn't the thread I was referring to. It was the new one that was started after that one, since the original has only 61 posts as of the current time. Now if there was a "special" thread then I agree with you, but I've noticed this occurring before.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

-Saz

Old 08-20-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmm, well Saz, it seems that it is I who should thank you for clarification. Since I didn't check the dates to see which thread was started first. Seems I need to do a thorough sweeping of the cobwebs that build up over the millenia in this antiquated befuddled brain of mine. My apologies. . [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #5
Moni

LadyBlue's thread was started first on the 19th at 2 a.m.
The thread prior to that one (unless you have deleted one, Saz) has 150 posts, is dated the 18th and can be found on page 2.

Cloudy opened the memorial thread after 6 a.m. and as it was for a special reason, I (for one) don't see any harm in either one of them.

Just my two cents.

Old 08-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Saz, I've asked that if I'm around (ie, not out of town etc) people not start a new Cafe, but rather let me do it (to ease up on the confusion!). This time around I was indeed out of town for the funeral and aftermath, so I think they got a bit mixed up, is all. Hopefully it won't happen again or at least not often, in the future.

Thanks Moni. It was a special one and I actually hadn't seen LB's until after mine got going so I do apologize to everyone for the confusion.

Cloudy

[ 08-21-2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-21-2002, 10:50 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Saz, I've asked that if I'm around (ie, not out of town etc) people not start a new Cafe, but rather let me do it (to ease up on the confusion!). This time around I was indeed out of town for the funeral and aftermath, so I think they got a bit mixed up, is all. Hopefully it won't happen again or at least not often, in the future.

Thanks Moni. It was a special one and I actually hadn't seen LB's until after mine got going so I do apologize to everyone for the confusion.

Cloudy
No problem, Cloudy! [img]smile.gif[/img] I realize now that it was a "special edition", and that's cool. But it's probably a good idea to allow only you to make the new threads, since everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes "time to make a new one."

Cheers,
-Saz

Old 08-21-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Cloudy
No problem, Cloudy! [img]smile.gif[/img] I realize now that it was a "special edition", and that's cool. But it's probably a good idea to allow only you to make the new threads, since everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes "time to make a new one."

Cheers,
-Saz
[/QUOTE]I actually have to agree with that, I've told people over and over not to start a new cafe every day, but it doesn't seem to help. A Cloudy ruling might bear more weight. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 12:19 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Not meaning to change the subject or anything, but did we really need the third thread to discuss the other two?

Just wondering... [img]smile.gif[/img]