Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
5th Edition
Sazerac, Editor

HEADLINE NEWS: Strange Weathervane Atop Evil Pyramid Baffles Scholars

A questing party of adventurers who have discovered what purports to be the final resting place of the Dark Lord Cet Ude D'ua Khan, encountered a completely unexpected artifact at the apex of the pyramid; the gyrating, cooing, pirouetting form of a gwyll that appears to be a weathervane of sorts. Simpering like a kewpie-doll from the Netherworlds, the disgustingly cute figurine spins and twirls with the wind, while spouting a barrage of verbage ranging from "Oooh, new plaything!" to "I'll take what I want, When I want", to "Stand right there!" to "This'll be fun!", identically to the real gwylls and nymphs that infest this fair land of ours.

Scholars are perplexed as to why such an object would be atop such a solemn and terrible place such as the pyramid tomb of the evil pharaoh. One of the adventurers, Sylvia, was quoted as saying, "It's just the sort of thing one would expect an Evil Overlord of questionable taste to decorate his habitation with. We've seen some horrible things around the pyramid so far, but this one . . . ugh! Be afraid . . . be very afraid."

News of the strange object has spread like wildfire through the Gael Serran, and in Brimloch Roon, new cults are springing up in which young girls dress topless, prance like kewpie dolls, and say annoyingly cute things to passersby in the street. Even the mainstream religions are not immune from this new fashion trend. Father Malakai of the Church of Brimloch Roon was so charmed by the adorable figurine that he has ordered one made special for the church and plans to put it atop the steeple as another weathervane. Duke Brinsley has ordered him to cease and desist in the name of good taste and for preserving the historical beauty of Brimloch Roon, but so far, the priest has been adamant in his redecorating plans.

Watch for the next edition of the GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-19-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 09:01 PM   #2
TarlA42

Bravo Saz-
Keep em' coming.
Tarl.
Old 02-20-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Kerah be praised! What a fine edition of the Examiner this is! Such diligent reporting! And may Father Malakai be cursed such that the laundress forgets to starch his robes but puts plenty in his undergarments, to remind him of his duty to be an upright citizen, not some nymph-ogling lout from Valeia.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 09:11 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Excellent!!!

Will the Snake Temple feature a Highland Rogue weathervane?
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 10:12 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saz - I went looking for all the editions to push them back up but could not find #2 anywhere. Would you kindly locate it!!

Wyv
Old 02-20-2001, 10:36 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wyvern--Edition #2 was the Lily and Sphinx edition (the Special Edition; I wasn't numbering them back then). The premiere edition is the one with the mooning statue. I'll see if I can find it.

-Sazerac
Old 02-21-2001, 12:51 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, Adam Mage, it occurred naturally (if such an occurrence may be thought of as "natural"!) We got the message from my scout that "A Gwyll was here recently", but we couldn't see anything...looked up and there she is pirouetting at the top of the pyramid! Wouldn't move for anything either. I snapped a couple of shots before removing her, if you know what I mean.

I always love the weird things that occur in the game without needing to use "trick" photography...although that's a load of fun as well.

-Sazerac
Old 02-21-2001, 10:39 AM   #8
adam mage

LOL well... how did that happen? was she Vanished to up there?

Note that there will be shops in Gael Serran overwhelmed with weathervanes just like the one you showed but only without the voice...

Old 03-19-2001, 10:51 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

up