Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Bible, Anyone?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You should mention to people before they click on the link that they will be starting a video. I was here in the school lab at the time, not knowing what the volume level was set at.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
That was great!! Nice find, Beau! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

that was terribly funny! thank goodness not offensive.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Sitting at work and filter said it was tasteless. Salt and pepper anyone.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Violet
Manshoon

I thought that for it's message, it was pretty darn good. Too long for me to watch the whole thing though, I am just not a hip-hop (or rap, whatever it was lol) fan. I hope it ended with the same sort of message it sent through the first 3/4's!
I saw this morning that Stephen Baldwin is deeply involved in livinit.org That was a jaw dropper. Cool, but I never expected it from him.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I half expected an 'only joking' style message somewhere towards the end, but it kept it up all the way!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Violet
Manshoon

in that case:
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Funny, but kind of a weird experience, watching that. Makes me realize how far removed my life is from religion.

On a semi-related note...at my university recently I needed to quote the Bible (Romans 13) on a paper which described support for the old "Divine Right of Kings". I asked the librarian if we had a Bible and she said it must be in a closet somewhere. I said it was kind of ironic, since we had plenty of Hobbes and Machiavelli on the shelves, that the "Good Book" was in a closet. She said "well we don't have much shelf space, you know. There's lots of Marx in the closet too."

The Bible and the Communist Manifesto, sitting in the closet together, while Machiavelli sits on the shelf. Damn...still makes me laugh.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #10
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That preacher guy was absolutely pathetic. Although the girl saying that "...makes me so... HOLY!" was ball breakingly funny.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote