Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 11:50 PM   #21
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Yeah. I ref box lacrosse, and I find it really fun. Although, if you go and watch a Midget AAA game or a Junior A hockey game, where they haven't learned the trap, it's a lot of fun. Either way.

Nerull, are you referring to field or box (inside an arena) lacrosse? I am much more acquainted with the box variety (I am one of the more senior refs in Calgary,) which is what they play in the NLL. But I think field lacrosse (universities) is bigger in the states. The box kind is faster and much more physical. Either way, they're a lot of fun.

BTW, the Calgary Roughnecks are the reigning champions of the NLL. I was at that game...amazing stuff. That's the first out of three pro sports trophies we're winning this year as a city.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #22
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Yeah. I ref box lacrosse, and I find it really fun. Although, if you go and watch a Midget AAA game or a Junior A hockey game, where they haven't learned the trap, it's a lot of fun. Either way.

Nerull, are you referring to field or box (inside an arena) lacrosse? I am much more acquainted with the box variety (I am one of the more senior refs in Calgary,) which is what they play in the NLL. But I think field lacrosse (universities) is bigger in the states. The box kind is faster and much more physical. Either way, they're a lot of fun.

BTW, the Calgary Roughnecks are the reigning champions of the NLL. I was at that game...amazing stuff. That's the first out of three pro sports trophies we're winning this year as a city.
It was a field lacrosse game, since it was the NCAA championship.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-03-2004, 11:50 PM   #23
Nerull
Lord Ao

Mad

Wow...great game! It swung back and forth, lots of great saves, and going to OT before the Calgary win. When is the next game, BTW? Tampa now has their backs to the wall; let's see how well they play next game.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-04-2004, 12:03 AM   #24
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Nerull I was also watching the game and I thought Tampa had it in OT they came out and where the stronger team. But then Calgary decided that it was time to play and finally won it.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:12 AM   #25
Nerull
Lord Ao

Like I said, it swung back and forth, back and forth. Calgary dominated the first period, but really bit it at the end of the third period. And both teams really didn't do a great job defensively; they left their goalies out to dry on more than one occasion. The goalies kept both teams in the game.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:02 AM   #26
spydar

yay us, I was at work so all I got to enjoy was the sudden honking from Shaganappi right after they won. Any Calgarians been down the Red Mile? I haven't, but have heard it's crazy.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:05 AM   #27
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Spydar you are from Calgary I take it. I have not been to the red mile. I have some friends that live there. And they say it is crazy down there. Anytime I hear thoase words I tend to watch it from the comfort of my chair in front of the t.v.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:09 AM   #28
spydar

I've only heard people complaining about girls flashing people, and those same girls being shocked that pictures of them were getting on the net. welcome to the wonder of camera phones.
that and I've had to dealt with those going TO the game on the train as I'm trying to get home to change before going to my other job.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #29
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Last nights game was awesome. Possibly one of the best games in the history of the finals. This is one of the best series ever in the finals. Two very similar teams. I am 2nd in my hockey poll (5 points and I win so I am hoping Calgary in 7 unless the players I have from both teams score enough in game six. Two weeks ago I was 20 points from 1st now only 4 and I have a solid hold on second place. So at least I will get my money back if I don't win.

[ 06-04-2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #30
Animal
Gold Dragon

One of the best in history of the finals? Not even close, but definately the best so for in this series.

So I guess we should all say goodbye to Tampa, because tomorrow night they're going up in FLAMES!