Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 03:43 PM   #31
MagiK

What a silly concept. Untill someone (anyone) can demonstrate telekinesis in a scientificly controlled environment on demand, it don't exist. So say I and the Amazing Randi.

Lennoncook... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] that was just pricelesss

[ 01-03-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #32
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by realbinky:
Don't try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, try to realize that there is no spoon.

There is no spoon.
jeee you haven't seen Matrix then
Old 01-04-2003, 06:42 AM   #33
Gromnir
Dungeon Master

A little off the topic but here goes.

Believing in telekinesis is like any other belief, be it magic or even God/Gods.

Belief is the total absence of evidence to prove or disprove the point therefore no-one can say whether or not it exists so no-one should discriminate or laugh at someone's belief in telekinesis or anything else.
Thinking of death while living,<br />This is the warrior\'s way<br />thinking of pain when in pleasure.<br />keeps you alive from day to day<br /><br />Time is a great teacher, and then kills all it\'s students.<br /><br />DJG\'s first official helper and second in command. <br /><br />
Old 01-04-2003, 06:53 AM   #34
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Don't try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, try to realize that there is no spoon.

There is no spoon.
If there is no spoon, Then what are we supposed to bend?
I suppose we could bend forks, but then there is the possibility of bending the prongs into your hand... and that would probably hurt.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #35
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:

There is no spoon.
If there is no spoon, Then what are we supposed to bend?
I suppose we could bend forks, but then there is the possibility of bending the prongs into your hand... and that would probably hurt.
[/QUOTE]Oh well fork that idea then.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #36
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

"I'm movin you stupid bitches, this is telekenesis" - 2Pac

Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #37
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Gromnir:

Believing in telekinesis is like any other belief, be it magic or even God/Gods.

Belief is the total absence of evidence to prove or disprove the point therefore no-one can say whether or not it exists so no-one should discriminate or laugh at someone's belief in telekinesis or anything else.
Not so, unless the believer in TelKin has truly experienced it, like the believer in God or magic claims to.

Belief in God (from a Christian perspective) isn't like believing in something you never feel. It's a relationship. It's like love. You don't sense love with your physical senses. You feel it though. Same with God, except his presense can affect you physically.

If a TelKin believer has bent a spoon with their mind, then their belief is based on tangibility - even though it still may not have been their mind that bent the spoon.

My point is not whether TelKel exists or not, but "why would you bother when you can already bend the spoon".

I'm trying to train my mind to work out my life, to create better works, to think clearer, to be more disciplined and have better relationships. My mind can already bend a spoon by using the hands it controls, so diverting mental energy into the areas I listed is a much much greater priority for me.

[ 01-04-2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-08-2003, 12:35 AM   #38
Slizerio

Quote:
Originally postedby Gromnir
So your saying.... I could believe in talking pancakes?
HA HA they mocked me But I have beliefs!!!

Other Pyshic Powers include:
mind reading
future telling
liking poems ( I consider that would would take Considerable mind power!)

[ 01-08-2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Slizerio ]

Old 01-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #39
LennonCook
Jack Burton

"I know what you`re going to say next !!"
"What?"
"Exactly."
Old 01-09-2003, 08:29 AM   #40
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Gromnir:

Grommy, I got to disagree with you on this. Belief in God is usually predicated on the lack of "proof" and the need for "Faith" where as Telekinesis and any other mental power if they existed could be proven since they are about physicaly demonstrable effects...such as bending spoons, moving things, reading the thoughts in someone elses mind etc, etc.