Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 12:07 AM   #71
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Fine. Ignore the lil kid or whatever. You guys are all old and such and you guys keep on hitting on each other... you guys are not saying, "I think you're wrong coz of this..."

You guys are saying first how much the other person is such an ass before anything else...

I'm outta here.

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-08-2001, 12:08 AM   #72
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
LOL!

So now I'm the enemy! Liliara, you do frighten me. You would have made a great loyal Nazi.

In answer to your question, though, if Americans did the "same", i.e. deliberately crashed their planes into the world trade center, yes, I would say the exact same thing about them, namely that one could call them many things, but not cowards.

If you will recall, this thread was started by you crowing happily over the fact that our armed forces were now engaged in combat.

My answer was not in regards to whether we should be in such combat at the moment, but was rather about your attitude.

War, even for the best causes, is not something that should be entered with a cheer and a tingly sensation of happiness all over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! ME A NAZI!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I think I am going to pee myself! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Yes, they were sooooo brave! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You must excuse me, I need to...HAHAHAHAH...regain>>HAHAHA..my composure!...HAHAHAHAHAHA!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-08-2001, 12:09 AM   #73
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Here's another link all!! This one is very COOL!!!!!

www.duthie.com/binladenliquors.htm

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-08-2001, 12:11 AM   #74
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
LOL!

So now I'm the enemy! Liliara, you do frighten me. You would have made a great loyal Nazi.
What about Democrat or Republican? (dadgom smilie won't show, with my luck it will show in this edit)
(I know me and Patton)

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 10-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 12:11 AM   #75
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Hey, why do we have to stick with Religion, strike it, quash it, whatever, be done with it! With what you guys are doing, you are trying to forget the topic and trying to hit on other people's beliefs here!

I see what you are getting at, but people's perspectives on some issues are interconnected with thier beliefs.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:16 AM   #76
G'kar

Quote:

War, even for the best causes, is not something that should be entered with a cheer and a tingly sensation of happiness all over.

Indeed.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Proverbs 24:17
...Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

I don't think that Liliara meant that she was glad to see us in the middle of war. I believe she, like I, and many others, are seeing that we are standing up for ourselves, and will not be bullied into what they (the enemy) wish us to be.
My percpective of the origin of this thread is that we are fighting for freedom against the oppresion that the terrorists have been inflicting upon the world. Not just U.S grounds...that is why so many other countries stand beside us.

I am happy to see a possible conclusion beginning with this. I am not happy for blood shed. I am happy for knowing that we are attempting to oppress the oppresors. To put down the system that works aginst us. I hate to think that blood will be spilt upon reaching this goal. The above scripture says that we are not to be happy if our enemy falls. But it does not say that I cannot be happy for seeing the plans of the enemy ruined...

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #78
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

That's the problem G'kar, some people do not know how to separate their personal feelings over this matter...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-08-2001, 12:43 AM   #79
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Proverbs 24:17
...Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

I don't think that Liliara meant that she was glad to see us in the middle of war. I believe she, like I, and many others, are seeing that we are standing up for ourselves, and will not be bullied into what they (the enemy) wish us to be.
My percpective of the origin of this thread is that we are fighting for freedom against the oppresion that the terrorists have been inflicting upon the world. Not just U.S grounds...that is why so many other countries stand beside us.

I am happy to see a possible conclusion beginning with this. I am not happy for blood shed. I am happy for knowing that we are attempting to oppress the oppresors. To put down the system that works aginst us. I hate to think that blood will be spilt upon reaching this goal. The above scripture says that we are not to be happy if our enemy falls. But it does not say that I cannot be happy for seeing the plans of the enemy ruined...

Unless something like this is what the enemy wanted, free publicity for the cause and actions that back the anti-U.S. rhetoric of western influence dominating Islamic culture. Fuel for the terrorist's fire. My guess is they are now even more inclined to commit suicide for their cause, than by the bomb or the bullet of an infidel soldier.

Old 10-08-2001, 12:47 AM   #80
Bullvye
Dungeon Master

Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."...and I agree!
It is truly a shame it had to come to this. It is a shame that the Taliban would not listen to the repeated requests of the President to hand over Bin Laden and his network of terrorists, thus giving the U.S. no other choice than to respond with force to protect our nation from men such as these. It is a shame that innocent people have, and will have to die before this operation is over, but " If you're not with us you're with the terrorists!".....

I agree with Liliara, war is tragic, and effects those who don't allways support the agenda of the government that is in power over them. Sometimes, though, war is a necessary means to bring about peace. After all, all any true warrior wants is peace!

I wil pray for all those involved in these actions........To my brothers in the Seal Teams(especially my Bud/s class#192 friends) to all the friendsI have in the SAS 21st regiment f-troop, the GSG-9 brothers I made in Ramstien during my tour there,... to all the operators out in the field making it happen without any recognition from the homefront....and to my Pararescue brothers,.. Cmsgt Dana Beach ,...who is in that region now. I will pray for your safety and speedy return home.
Thomas jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"....and I agree! And if I may quote Liliara......."HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW?"

[This message has been edited by Bullvye (edited 10-08-2001).]
Closed Thread