Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 11:17 PM   #51
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Cloudy, it won't prevent future attacks. It will incite even more.
Of course, doing nothing would encourage more attacks as well.......

But WHY didn't the US just SHOW the Taliban the evidence? They said they would hand bin Laden over if there was evidence.
Maybe our leaders CAN'T produce sufficient evidence?
Fljotsdale, I sincerely believe it will stop more than non-action would have.

As for your second point, I've a sneaking suspicion that Bin Laden was not going to be handed over, just secreted more deeply. Do we know what the intelligence reports were? No. Can we second guess those who do? I don't really think so. As much as I hate violence, I feel this was going to happen sooner or later. I just didn't see the Taliban handing over one of their own. Internal politics being what it was and the rest of the extremist Muslims in the world watching and all, I really don't think they'd have capitulated to our demands.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-07-2001, 11:29 PM   #52
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:

Will innocent people be killed? YES. Is that wrong? MAYBE. Is it our place to judge that? NO. What should we do? Trust in our leaders to make the tough decisions, to minimize the deaths of innocent lives and kill (YES, I said KILL) the sum'biches that did this.

It is my place to judge whether killing innocents is wrong. I have a conscience and a mind to dicern the tough choices and the correct choices. I judge that different actions could have been taken, and the utmost of regard to civilian life could have been the precedent. I judge that history will be the true judge in this affair.

Old 10-07-2001, 11:33 PM   #53
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

You are right about that...I thought we said that we would not waste bombs...that the only way to get them was by getting ground troops in there, up close and personal ...eye to eye sorta thing.

Could this be a ruse to hide our attack force as they come storming in?
I know that once I killed a rat by pouring Chlorine and Hydrogen Peroxide down his hole to flush him out (that makes a deadly gas, by the way...), and when he came struggling out, barely able to walk...I shot his head off. Could the US be thinking to do that???

Larry - that is unspeakabe. I guess we are just diametrically opposite. Can you imagine Jesus doing that?

------------------

Flots, just because you know of Jesus and can speak of the bible as if you are learned, don't pretend to KNOW him. Do not chastise someone on something that you can know nothing of. I would like to add that Satan tried to use God's word against the savior. If you are not a Christian, please refrain from using any examples of our religion.

And as I said, no one will get me down or angry tonight. Those who want to oppose this action are just grasping at straws for something to argue about!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-07-2001, 11:34 PM   #54
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

And John, we are Americans. We did not bring this on ourselves, but were forced to this end! As a fellow AMERICAN, I am with you, and thank you for your support.

We had to respond any nation that does not defend itself will cease to exist. There are NO INNOCENCES in a combat zone that is a fact not a fluffy feeling. That is why WAR should not be entered into lightly, but when it is entered into it must be waged with such lethality, and efficiency that it does not drag out.
Miss Liliara ma'am, am I the John that you were refering too? because that is where we must part company We do bare some of the responsiblity in the matters of Sept 11. As much as I would like to place ALL the blame on a certain skirt chasing President. The dismantling of our (human)intel. networks started years ago with the invention of satilites, and every Pres. has alowed the decay to continue, GRANTED SOME MORE THAN OTHERS.

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-07-2001, 11:35 PM   #55
G'kar

I think it was arrogant and narrow-minded not to pursue diplomacy to the end of reason, not 28 days or so's worth. Impatient and hot-headed. I have emailed my elected representatives letting them know this. Endangering any innocent lives makes us more like our enemies, in that we place a lesser value on them than our own.

Vengance is a bucket with a hole in it, no matter how much you pour in, it only holds emptiness in the end.

Old 10-07-2001, 11:37 PM   #56
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

As for ALMOST everyone else, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

------------------

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-07-2001, 11:37 PM   #57
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I think this is kinda wrong... a mistake maybe?

I have nothing against you, I like ya here in the board BUT this is a very sensitive topic. I just hope this stuff will be discussed as calmly as possible. Since It kinda reached page 3 or 4, It seems kinda okay... but from what I see, this is not a good one to bring up... but at least it is something that you have to ponder about rather than spam about

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-07-2001, 11:41 PM   #58
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

A link of for all...

server5.hypermart.net/danagrace/WonTheToss.jpg

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-07-2001, 11:43 PM   #59
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
A link of for all...
I saw that several days ago and loved it

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-07-2001, 11:44 PM   #60
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
In the interest of accuracy, where are you guys getting the idea of "cowardice" from? You can call the terrorists who flew those planes into those buildings many things, but "coward" doesn't strike me as being an accurate term at all.
My Dio...are you a sleeper? You seem to admire the enemy quite a bit. Would you admire the AMERICANS if they did the same?

------------------

LH Member

Closed Thread