Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 04:19 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The United States and Great Britain with the backing of an international community that includes China, Russia, Japan, Germany, France, Australia, Egypt and Italy, bombed military airbases, terrorist training camps and power centres.
They did so after 28 days of warnings, diplomatic pressure and military buildups to show that the coalition meant business.

They did not send suicide pilots careering into large civilian structures without warning, killing thousands and disabling downtown Kabul for the next year.

They did however send food and medicinal supplies immediately after the attacks on the Taliban, to the Afgahn people.

This is not WW3. America, Britain and a repressive Wahabi extremist group do not constitute the whole world.

Bear in mind also, that WW2 was in part caused by a failure of the policy of appeasement regarding Hitlers aquisitions of Czechoslovakia and Austria. The attitude of "avoid war at all costs" in part caused the worst war the world has seen.

I find it increasingly annoying that there are loud shouts against preventative force, and arguments equating this preventative force with "vengance" and "retaliation". No alternative to preventative force is put forward however. Diplomacy? Diplomacy on this matter has been attempted since 1993 and has FAILED.

Have these detractors tried the three hour drive into Manhattan from Long Island? Have they been stuck at a border for two hours? Have they been stopped on highways or rerouted from the Hoover dam for example?

America is a fortress at the moment. Protected by people. These people must be paid. The fear resultant from the terrorist attacks is creating a recession. Who will then pay for the manned fortress?

Protection from the snake cannot go on forever. The snake must be beheaded if it is to die. Osama must go. If the Taliban shelter him, they too must go.

A persons inaction when one can prevent murder, creates guilt equal to that of the murderer themself. The government of the United States has an obligation to act and protect it's citizens. That is part of it's job.

If one is going to decry violence then decry Wahabism and it's bloodstained past against even Islamics in Saudi Arabia! Decry the coward who hides in a rathole and orders followers to suicidal death. Decry the mothers who give glory to their adolescant sons strapping bombs to their chest and blowing themselves up.

Decry hate and ignorance that turns a religion of peace into one of hate and war.

But do not decry governments from excercising their right to protect their people from the most cowardly form of war, murder and vandalism.

Terrorism. Let us eradicate the concept from human experience.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 10-08-2001).]
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:25 AM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
The United States and Great Britain with the backing of an international community that includes China, Russia, Japan, Germany, France, Australia, Egypt and Italy, bombed military airbases, terrorist training camps and power centres.
They did so after 28 days of warnings, diplomatic pressure and military buildups to show that the coalition meant business.

They did not send suicide pilots careering into large civilian structures without warning, killing thousands and disabling downtown Kabul for the next year.

They did however send food and medicinal supplies immediately after the attacks on the Taliban, to the Afgahn people.

This is not WW3. America, Britain and a repressive Wahabi extremist group do not constitute the whole world.

Bear in mind also, that WW2 was in part caused by a failure of the policy of appeasement regarding Hitlers aquisitions of Czechoslovakia and Austria. The attitude of "avoid war at all costs" in part caused the worst war the world has seen.

I find it increasingly annoying that there are loud shouts against preventative force, and arguments equating this preventative force with "vengance" and "retaliation". No alternative to preventative force is put forward however. Diplomacy? Diplomacy on this matter has been attempted since 1993 and has FAILED.

Have these detractors tried the three hour drive into Manhattan from Long Island? Have they been stuck at a border for two hours? Have they been stopped on highways or rerouted from the Hoover dam for example?

America is a fortress at the moment. Protected by people. These people must be paid. The fear resultant from the terrorist attacks is creating a recession. Who will then pay for the manned fortress?

Protection from the snake cannot go on forever. The snake must be beheaded if it is to die. Osama must go. If the Taliban shelter him, they too must go.

A persons inaction when one can prevent murder, creates guilt equal to that of the murderer themself. The governement of the United States has an obligation to act and protect it's citizens. That is part of it's job.

If one is going to decry violence then decry Wahabism and it's bloodstained past against even Islamics in Saudi Arabia! Decry the coward who hides in a rathole and orders followers to suicidal death. Decry the mothers who give glory to their adolescant sons strapping bombs to their chest and blowing themselves up.

Decry hate and ignorance that turns a religion of peace into one of hate and war.

But do not decry governments from excercising their right to protect their people from the most cowardly form of war, murder and vandalism.

Terrorism. Let us eradicate the concept from human experience.

WOW!!!!!!!!

Did I mention how much I have REALLY missed you?

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Liliara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:36 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Replied in the other thread, Yorick! But I am glad to see you got back to your computer! Nicely stated!

Welcome back Bard o' mine, you really have been missed! Somewhere there's a thread looking for you!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:36 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 04:41 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Welcome back YOrrick! YOu do make your returning here in fashion as always!

Good stated Yorrick!

Glad to see you back here! Have missed your mindbending discussions and topics!!! (And yes, I mean that in a very positive way! )

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:44 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Welcome back YOrrick! YOu do make your returning here in fashion as always!

Good stated Yorrick!

Glad to see you back here! Have missed your mindbending discussions and topics!!! (And yes, I mean that in a very positive way! )

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!!
Hey Wolfie! LOL you are right, "mindbending".. good adjective for Yorick's works sometimes!

This one is well organized as always!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:09 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 05:30 AM   #8
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Welcome back Yorick! How ya holding up?

Excellent post. Well thought out and eloquently stated, as always.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:48 AM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi, Yorick , glad you made it back in here, Poster Extraordinaire.

I'll reply in here tonight, am at work now, and I don't have the leisure just now to post all I would like.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:55 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

man.. what the.. why whenever Yorick talks, it always seems he has the truth on his side... I hate this guy...

just kiddinggggggggggggggg

sigh, well said

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 10-08-2001).]
250 is offline   Reply With Quote