Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 02:05 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dont worry about the rank thing Larry, everybody talks to everybody.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:25 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, they are for FUN not real serious guaging of a person's "worth" on a post. I for one, don't pay much attention. As a matter of fact, BK just asked me when I got my new title and I had no clue what he meant. Took several tries to realize he meant my rank had changed. I never noticed it, Larry! Shows how much it means, huh?

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 03:17 PM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Hey guys & gals,
I guess I'm one of the guilty ones (I WANT MY STARS) kind of post, but I was only kidding an' all! I was just a bit excited about the new board & the little stars, and the fact we now had a place where we *could* be a little bit silly, but I don't *really* feel I need to have stars to be accepted or anything, after all, I felt accepted on the old board after just one or two days (I've only been posting for about 3 weeks total).

The stars novelty thing has worn off a bit now for me, so I shall be posting more relevent/chatty stuff etc. BTW, I just spent an hour & a half on the BGII board answering queries (I can be a good girl when I try ). Yorick is right, it will be self-regulating.

And I know that Ziroc is just displaying the same concern that I feel myself when I look at the board and think "OMG that topic has 10 more pages than it did last night" and so last night I spent all my time reading with no spam at all from me! And I still can't keep up!
Now I'm going to think about my favorite films for that other thread....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:21 PM   #24
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Re your final point Z - why not call lower ranks something suitably adventurous but doesn't sound too inferior - newbie members could become Fledglings or Fledgling Vampires, Regular Posters could become Spellswords, u know what I mean? Just a thought.
[/B]
Good idea, just did it, what do ya think of the new titles?

Ziroc

Old 03-06-2001, 03:26 PM   #25
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Nice and not at all evil.

------------------

Co-president of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-06-2001, 03:26 PM   #26
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am an elite Waterdeep guard...I like it! I didn't want to just be considered a member...I wanted a little icing on my cake. Thanks Dr. Z

Oh, and thank each of you for your personal replies to me...especially Ramon x3...I had a good laugh with your reply!!

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 03:54 PM   #27
Stealthy

Thank god for Ziroc! As some of you know from my e-mails, I have aired my concern about the crap some people have posted to achieve recognition in the form of stars. True recognition comes by gaining respect by the quality of posts, not quantity. This can be spamming, when it is fun and stimulating or more serious, as well as helping out in the general forum, which is where we all met in the first place. I spam as much as anyone, but I try to help in the question forum and I hope my spamming is enjoyed by others and/or provokes interesting discussion. It is intresting to note, that the two people who have most posts are widely different in personality and post types, yet both are important to the forum. Obviously one of those is Memnoch, who I admire and respect greatly for his wisdom and desire to help his neighbour as well as his humour. The other is CloudBringer, who as she admits, does not help on the other forum as she has yet to finish the game or finds posts answered already. When she spams however, her pots are fun to read and stimulate others to respond in kind. She can also be extremely caring to others. I would hate to lose either, as the board would suffer. I say this in their defence, in case anyone thinks that I refer to them. The ones I refer to, know who they are. I am sure that the novelty of ranks will soon subside, but in the meantime lets not forget why we are here, that is to help others and enjoy intelligent discussion. If I seem overly harsh, its because I have been trying to persuade 2 friends not to leave this forum, because of the pointless spamming. Lets enjoy the spamming, but remember lets go for quality and not quantity.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #28
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Larry, they are for FUN not real serious guaging of a person's "worth" on a post. I for one, don't pay much attention. As a matter of fact, BK just asked me when I got my new title and I had no clue what he meant. Took several tries to realize he meant my rank had changed. I never noticed it, Larry! Shows how much it means, huh?

Cloudy

I can verify this. It took 5 emails to get her set straight on this. Mucho headache. (sigh)

BK

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-06-2001, 04:42 PM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I must admit that I feel like I am being left behind, and that people will see my rank as a member and just go, ahh...he don't count, he isn't even worth listening to. Yet, I have never blah blah blah ....
Please disregard this post by Laurie_OIForget who he is

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-06-2001, 05:07 PM   #30
Hesperex

Well I cannot deny that yesterday I posted more than a few times for the stars on the HUGE! spam thread, I have my red stars now and I have neither the time nor the inclination to spam much anymore, I will settlke into a nice regular posting regime as I did on the old board. I also admit to the posts with 1 letter in each spelling out the word spam, I also admit to excesive use of imagies and HTML on the spam thread. I apolagise If this caused anyone any major slow downs.

A lot of good points have been made here today, Lets enjoy the constructive spam but lets not spam for the hell of it. (I know I am more than slightly guilty of the former ) ...not to mention all the typos

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-06-2001).]