Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 01:31 PM   #1
Mel
The Magister

Possible spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I am in Chapter three, working for the Shadow thieves and trying to kill all the vampires in the lair. My problem is that I've ran into this one called Tanova and I CAN'T kill her. I've tried everything I can think of and she just won't die. I get confused, dominated and slaughtered within about 10 seconds.
Please help me, I've been trying to kill her for days and pretty soon the game will be connecting with the wall of my room, very hard.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2001, 01:36 PM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

What class/level are your characters? I just did this one last night on the first try by summoning a few skeleton warriors and sending them ahead to take the brunt of the spells.

Old 08-12-2001, 01:47 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

thats right, skeleton-warriors and elementals will do the trick
Old 08-12-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
rodimus
The Magister

OK, very important when fighting a monster who casts protection spells is to get rid of them. a very good spell is pierce magic (level 6) or Breach (level 5), then whack her away. A good spell not to be level drained is negative plane protection, and summon creatures. now youre gonna make it...
Old 08-12-2001, 03:11 PM   #5
Mel
The Magister

You sure about that? I've been summoning everything and anything I can and the only bit of diffrence it makes is it makes sure I live about 5 seconds longer. I don't usually get level drained, although a few minutes ago I almost had her when she drained my main character down to level 3 and killed her with one hit. That doesn't usually happen to me though.
My characters are all level 10 or 11 apart from my amin character who is level 13.

The really annoying thing is that I did this about a week ago by pure luck, but my computer messed up and I lost the save.

Oh well, thanks for the help, I'm off to try again.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think, but I'm not sure, that you might be able to leave and level up a bit and then return again, if the battle turns out to be impossible, leave and complete a few side-quests.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:24 PM   #7
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I don't remember the exact level of when I did this, but your party seems a bit low. Try leveling up and then going back.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:29 PM   #8
Mel
The Magister

Well I was lower than this the last time and I got by okay. If I ever get out of here I'll go do some of the quests I missed before going onto the next bit.
Oh, on a related topic, how do vampires manage to charm half your characters without casting any spells? That is driving me up the wall. The fact that I'm not always in control of all my characters probably has something to do with my problem.
Old 08-12-2001, 05:40 PM   #9
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spoiler
I don't remember exactly the fight with Tanova, but I went through this with very low level characters and had no problem with any of the Vamps. Vamps cannot touch you AT ALL if you have cast a PROTECTION FROM UNDEAD scroll. If she is using magical protection, just use Breach or Secret Word to dispel and whack away. I don't remember having to do that though
Old 08-12-2001, 06:03 PM   #10
Mel
The Magister

Brilliant news, I did it! Finally. Don't ask me how, it involved fireballs and invisibility but I didn't really have a plan. I do remember having to cast hold person or command word: die on most of my characters to stop them murdering my main character who had had a serious case of level drain (from 13 to 3). If that hasn't taught me to memorise negative plane protection then I don't know what will. Is it a cleric or druid spell? If it's druid then I'm going to be in trouble. I really dislike Jaheira and I haven't found another druid yet.

Thank you everybody for your help (although I'm not out yet so I could be back here soon.) If anyone has an answer to my charm problem I'd be very happy. They always seem to get the same person too. GRRRR...