Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
dale
Manshoon

What do folks think? Would it have been worth while training someone in modern weapons? I'm using bows and slings for ranged weapons and pole ax and swords for close (except for my mage who has wand and staff which he has never used).

I got to Umpani base late in the game an am beginning to see some various modern weapons, but since all of my characters are near level 20 they don't want to switch from what they know.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
Actyve
Welcomed New User

I'm a big fan of the BlunderBuss. The VapoRizer is weak, and I never kept a gadgeteer long enough to try out the micro-ray, but it looked impressive.
Actyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #3
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Don't bother with the missle launcher. Too erratic when it comes to hitting a target, am I had a high level in madern weapons and still had a lousy time with it. Plus there was not much damage assessed to enemies. It launched missles, but only delivered less than 25 pts damage.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:28 PM   #4
WampusLord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Blunderbuss alone is worth the modern weapon points. It's an especially great ranged weapon for a pure fighter to inflict some major damage until the range is closed. I've even thought of equipping my Gadgeteer with it up until about level 18 or so when the standard equipment omnigun will overtake it with multi attacks.