Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
Cienden
Manshoon

Is there really a Thai version of HotU? I bought a copy off Amazon about a week and a half back and just got it today. They did not tell me it was the Thai version. Is it bootleg or legitimate? It looks real, it even has the little holographic-esque letter around the inner CD ring saying "Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark" with some ultra tiny little numbers. So if it is legit, is it playable in English? I'm asking because 1, I don't have my PC put together yet (missing some parts) so I can't install it to check, and 2. all the readmes and stuff on the CD are in English (I popped it into my Mac laptop to look at the CD contents), so I was just wondering.

I'm kind of apprehensive/annoyed about it. If it's legit and playable in English, I maybe keep it, otherwise it's going back. Any ideas?

[ 05-17-2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Cienden ]
Old 05-17-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Doubtful...but do check at Bioware.com.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:23 AM   #3
Cienden
Manshoon

I installed it on my girlfriend's computer and it came up with English in everything. Not a lick of Thai aside from on the back of the jewel case. Anyways, since when did NWN products come in jewel cases. I smell bootleg.

Ok, I put a post over at bioware's forums.

This makes me mad because I'm pretty pumped about having my gaming PC running again and wanted to play on EfU after spending loads of money fixing my computer.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Western RPGs are rarely released (legally) in Thailand. When I tried to buy Deus Ex:IW a few weeks ago at a semi-reputable shop I was told "Not carry. Thailand doesn't like. Doesn't order."

I say semi-reputable because I'm convinced that the legal shops are 100% legal--I bought Knights of the Old Republic (in English) for about $19 a couple of months ago. Never have seen NWN or the expansions here legally, though.

Piracy here has to be seen to be believed.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:48 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Did the game come with A CD key? that is the only way you will really know if it is boot leg or not. When you try to regester it with Bioware in order to be able to play on line it must have a valid CD Key. If it is a stolen CD KEY or an invalid CD Key you will find out at that time. IF it is the latter you will never be able to play on line with that version of HotU.
So try to regester the CD KEY and see what happens. If it is already regestered contact the original owner Via Bioware NWN home page to see if he sold his game without unregestering his game. If he did sell it have him unregester his version and then you'll be able to regester HotU in your Name and it will then be a legal copy for you to use and enjoy. If he still has his copy and has not sold it. You have a Bootleg with a stolen CD Key you need to get in touch with Bioware and let them know where you got the game and from whom you got it. They have stated that if you receive one of these Bootleg copies that there is a reward for any and all imformation they can use to catch the boot leggers.

GOOD LUCK!
Who knows, it still has a chance at being a legal copy but you'll never know until you Try to regester the Key.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
Cienden
Manshoon

Thanks guys for a bit more information.

Yes, it came with a CD key printed on a small sticker that was affixed to the front of the manual cover. When I installed it on my girlfriend's laptop, and loaded it up for online play, it took the CD key just fine and let me register myself and get in a game--EfU. So I don't know. It works.

I emailed Bioware about a Thai version existing, but never got a response.

Here's what the thing looks like:

Old 05-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

looks just like mine did except for the writing on the back of the jewel case but as long as everything regestered you have a legal copy. So welcome to Hords of the Underdark. see you in Ziroc's on line mod "Escape from Undermountain" just Find the link on the forum for the CEP upgrade and the new CEP Patch and follow the first link on the Escape from Undermountain Forum on how to join the on line game which is done much better than Bioware did it.