Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
viper master
Welcomed New User

Caution rookie on the loose , I have just started SoA and am in the planel sphere and must get a heart of a demon. HOW??? I keep getting wiped out
PLEASE someone help!!!!
viper master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:30 PM   #2
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Just so I understand, you're getting wiped out against a demon, right?
Old 06-04-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

If you tell me what your party consists of I might be able to give you some pointers.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
Eurothan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I remember this quest, it was hard as hell with the demons, I ran into 4 of them each with their little group of friends, I got wiped out twice, the demon has high magic resistance and is immune to alot of weapons, I found thet minsc dual wielding the flail of ages +3 and skullbasher mace +3 along with one or two lower resistance spells made short work of the demons.

-Chris-
Old 06-04-2003, 09:39 PM   #5
viper master
Welcomed New User

my party consists of
fighter hmn 11
fighter dwf 11
archer elf 11
thief hmn 14
necro hmn 12
sorc hmn 12
viper master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:40 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

[img]graemlins/group2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/group2.gif[/img]

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!

Demons can be a real pain, especially with all of their friends. Just some helpful hints:

1. Demons use a lot of mental abilities (people who fought them in PnP remember that!). At the very least, buff yourself with magics that boost your saving throws (potions or spells), if not ones that let you resist mental abilities (Remove Fear, Free Action, and Chaotic Commands, for example).
  2. Summons are your best friends in these battles. The stronger the better, as demons do a lot of damage on hitting.
  3. Buff yourself, especially with Haste, Improved Haste, etc. You will need all of the edge that you can get.
  4. You need higher than +1 weapons to hit (I forget off hand whether it is +2 or +3). Make sure your tank is using such weapons.
  5. And finally, remember that you were sent to get how many hearts? If need be, just kill one (good to kill all 3 for xp, but if party is too weak then don't worry about killing all 3).
Just some hints!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #7
Zorak

Also you might want to take the path on the left, i found tht that demon was some wht easier than the ones elsewhere. And kill the demon first, dont worry about the imps he sends out after you until the end, and of course be sure you have someone w/ the resurecting spell, and make sure s/he dosent die!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:57 AM   #8
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry I didn't call back, but here are some pointers of mine.

Advance slowly and cautiously! The fights by themselves are manageable, but if you are running around with a trail of monsters behind you things gets a lot hairier.

Remove Fear (or Resist Fear from mage/sorcerers) is a damn fine buff. Be sure to cast it on your party before you venture forward. If you are able to protect yourself against Hold Person in any way do it! Otherwise use summoned monsters to soak up this annoying power.

There are some of the demons who think it is great fun to summon lots of skeletons. Don't bother, let the skellies trip over their own bones while you go after the demons.

Also I think Tanar'ri (the planar term for chaotic evil demons) are immune to lightning and poison and resistant to acid, cold and fire.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Three new people at once! welcome all!
Buff up your characters, kill all the imps first, summon a bit, few more buffs and go smite it.
your party should be able to do that.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote