Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 09:50 PM   #81
Sir Goulum
John Locke

with a macintosh...
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:44 PM   #82
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Jus' a wee little note:

As far as placing Jalerho in the game, I always thought that upstairs in the Crooked Crane would be good. It's quite empty, especially after Aluva and Tiiro (or whatever the heck their names are) leave, and the first inn inside the city gates would be a natural place to find travelers of any sort.

You might want to toss in some dialogue about how the PC's party is the best-equipped party Jalerho's seen in a long time, and since he reckons most of his business is going to be with the PC, he's willing to stay in the Crooked Crane so the PC will know where to find him.

Another thought: What if there was a merchant who wouldn't accept GP as payment, but would only barter his stuff for items of equal or greater value? Hmmmmmm.......
Old 04-03-2002, 11:14 PM   #83
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just so you guys know whats going on....
Cerek and I have been doing some testing of items for Dakkon, I think the Ballista and FireShield buckler are definite goers now....still testing the other items. The Helm of Mind Shielding works too, as does Tarlov's ring (psionics protection)
We'll keep you posted
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #84
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Bah! Buried on page 5 is no place for this masterpiece of a thread! *grins* Hewwo again everyone... seems I'm back for a little while longer... icky problems with the computer... but back. Unfortunately I cannot get MSN messenger to work on my computer anymore, so I can also be contacted via Yahoo Messenger, AIM, or through e-mail at xen_nova@hotmail.com. Another difficulty is the fickleness of this server... always overloaded for me, never able to sign on until this time of night it seems...

Anyway... every time I go into the Adventurer's Mart I find my old pal Jalerho, and I can buy any weapon I put into his little napsack. He will not stay in the adventurer's mart, well... for me he will, since I like him there, but I'm going to probably put him in the Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade. This should only take a little while to get him set up there, just gotta look up the area number in my trusty handbook, and then extract the file... altering it the way I want.

To those who have helped me, thank you greatly... I appreciate it very, very much. It is almost complete... save for a few finishing touches, and the lack of a couple more items that we need. I also need some pricing to be done... since when I go into the shop, even though I set the prices at like 20000, with my charisma and reputation I lower it by quite a bit... so I'm going to have to tweak it. Let's see... I need a couple more testers... and let me apologize once again for my absence for a little while there... I'm back now, and I plan to finish this thing if it kills me, I don't want to let you guys down.
Old 04-13-2002, 07:41 AM   #85
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So how is the shop Going??
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 07:42 AM   #86
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Here's one just for fun.

Merry Cap of Archery

This famous cap was once worn by the legendary hero, Sir Robin of Locksley. It is a small green cap (triangular in shape) with a feather stuck in the left side. The design suggests an elven influence, but the feather is a trademark of human designers.

Equipped Abilities - Any character who dons the Cap will immediately be granted GrandMastery skill in archery. There is almost nothing they can't do with a bow and arrows. But there ARE drawbacks to this item.
The character will never accept a stronghold, preferring to live in the woods.
All party members are required to be "merry" all the time, despite living outdoors in bad weather.
The character has an overwhelming disdain for wealth. They develop an uncontrollable need to rob any merchant they meet (the Cap increases PickPocket skills by 50%). However, they will also feel just as strong an urge to immediately give all their ill-gotten booty to the next beggar they meet.
Finally, there is a 75% chance that the owner of the Cap will find it absolutely necessary to wear bright green, skin-tight leggings. In addition to the embarassment suffered from this horrendous fashion faux pas, the characters' Hide In Shadows skill will be reduced by 25%.

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LMAO!!! Very Funny Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2002, 08:11 AM   #87
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dakkon, good to see you're still alive, I wondered where you got to I'd love to give Jalerho a test run, if he's working OK. I'm still working on some of the items myself, but i've not had much time lately either.
The Fireshield buckler works, sort of....I found a workaround by making the shield a dagger (can't get it to attack if its a shield) and you can set prof levels so you will be at least proficient in it. Only problem was, the game won't allow you to have something called a dagger, but using the shield pictures...it just crashed. You can, however, give yourself extra attacks per round when the shield is equipped....maybe that would be better, as it achieves the same thing anyway. What do you think?
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #88
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Hrm, well, the shop works fine... but... and yes, there's a but. I just had to reinstall my SOA, and I forgot that it replaces the dialog.tlk file. So, when I talked to Jalerho, just wanting to bask in the glory of my creation, lol, I was put into a conversation with a man who said nothing, and there was no way to exit it... so I had to restart. I *did* save a backup copy of my dialog.tlk file, at some point, and I'll see if that will work... shouldn't matter much, I can always just TBG my files back in. *nods* I will send him when I get it all working again... I remember now the problem I was having before, about his dialogue file and not wanting it to screw with people... I have to learn WeiDu...
Old 04-14-2002, 05:36 AM   #89
Glorfindel

Id like to test it..... this is also a BUMP
Old 04-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #90
Alson
Galvatron

ahhhh...
a bump too!!
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote