Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 09:21 AM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Unfortunatly this is what happens in times such as this.
They say all is fare in love and war. I say it sucks...
I lost 13 friends yesterday.

Scratch that it is now 11 they just called in

I hope the number keeps going down until they are all well and accounted for. I am sorry for the loss you are suffering!
My own nephew was unnaccounted for until around 11 p.m. last night.
It was pretty hectic not knowing how he had fared through this. As it turned out, he was away from his job in DC, safe and sound. I'll continue to worry though since he is enlisted.

Kaz, thank you for your maturity here. A presence like yours is welcome here at all times.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 09:28 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

When debating and discussing this emotive issue, let's keep it civilized and reasonable here, guys. We're all mature here, we can do that. I was here all of last night and we didn't have any flaming incidents, I go to work and come home here in Sydney and there are locked threads, flamers, etc. We're better than this.

Just a hint: let's pretend we're all sitting at a huge table at the pub discussing this. Read what you're typing and ask yourself, would I say this to this person to their face in this way? If not, then stop making flamebaiting, ego-boosting statements from behind the safety of your monitor and treat your fellow forum members with the respect and courtesy they deserve.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:35 AM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Memnoch

I hate to say it, yesterday I posted the very thing you just have:

"I would also like to stress that this situation has caused a lot of tension that has a high chance of explosion. Offhand remarks due to emotions are bound to happen. That is a problem in itself, reacting harshly to these comments can make it worse. We all need to understand things have and will be written that we may not appreciate if we read them or we may regret if we write them. Just take a second to think and try not to be hard on those of us who didn't think first."

This was on The President thread. Then all hell broke loose. I hope you command more respect than I did and will cause positive reaction. This type of behavior really causes me distress.

Thank You.

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 09:39 AM   #14
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Ditto your comments Kaz!

Sorry to hear your sad news Elif...I myself had no 'close' friends or family but know of at least 2 dozen 'acquaintances' and work colleauges(sp) that are still missing, people I talk to...some daily...

It is a time of deep emotional pain and with the pain a lot of anger will surface. This anger has to be controlled and focused at those responsible for this horrible attack and not at our fellow boardmembers!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-12-2001, 09:42 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If there are any problems of that sort please email me, Saz, Ertai or Ziroc immediately. We can't be here 24-7 but we do try our best - and any help you guys can provide in giving us a heads-up with these situations - as well as trying to defuse tensions - would be appreciated. And if a troll comes visiting, just ignore it, it's looking for attention. Email one of us and we'll handle it.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:50 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Elif: I cannot express to you just how sad I am for your loss. I too, hope that more of your friends call in and all will be well for you. I found out two of my friends survived and I'm immeasurably grateful for that news.

Kaz: Yes, things do get tense and sometimes people just say and do things without stopping to consider how others will react. Sometimes we need to recognize that fact and not be too critical of them at the time.

Mems: Mods cannot be expected to be here 24/7, nor to watch every thread for every post and possible problems that may arise. Nobody holds you or any other mod responsible for the actions of others!

Let's all remember that sometimes other people can be more sensitive than we are and maybe even oversensitve and get worked up when we don't expect them to. Sometimes it's the 'better part of valor' to ignore any animosity they may show.
This is doubly important at times like these when we are all effected by events out of our personal control.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 09:51 AM   #17
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
And if a troll comes visiting, just ignore it, it's looking for attention. Email one of us and we'll handle it.

Trolls? Why trolls? I've been called a troll in the IWD forum. I hate fire and acid!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 10:53 AM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Elif, I´m sorry to hear about your loss..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-12-2001, 10:56 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello Skywalker.. sorry, I wasn't attempting to answer every poster in the thread, but I DID notice your very thoughtful remarks! Nice to have such caring people on IW!

Hi Wolfie..er, just so you know I saw you!

Cloudy

PS: I'm at work, so I'm squeezing posts in between answering phones and typing documents for the office.

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 10:59 AM   #20
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Yes calm down and sorry for any losses you have faced 12 hrs ago.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!