Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 06:58 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think most of us cried yesterday, Mark... I cvompletely understand why yuou did. Like you, I don't know anybody in the area but that's no reason not to feel devastated.
I really don't know what to say. I did fall to my knees and thanked God yesterday...my sister was in the WTC only a short while ago, on a trip to Canada and the USA. The shock of this is so great, I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like for you, when it happens in your own country. I hope you can all feel the rest of the world's sympathy...here in Holland our hearts bleed for you, and it's the same in most other countries!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 07:02 AM   #22
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I hope you can all feel the rest of the world's sympathy...here in Holland our hearts bleed for you, and it's the same in most other countries!

It wasn't in the Middle East. I am starring disbelief at the Times Newspaper.
They have shops dishing out free deserts to the public. SICK!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 07:22 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
It wasn't in the Middle East. I am starring disbelief at the Times Newspaper.
They have shops dishing out free deserts to the public. SICK!

do you mean desserts?
Yes, I know about the public reaction there, which is why I phrased my post like that. It is horrible, but frankly, it is what always happens there. Palestinians cheer at every misfortune that America suffers, and it was no different yesterday. However, I completely disagree with someone on another forum, who said they deserve to be nuked for that, even if they didn't do it. These people have been brainwashed and indoctrinated from their births onwards, and they honestly don't know any better. Yes, I agree it is utterly despicable that they should cheer over this enormous, heartwrenching tragedy, but yet they do
Think however of the indoctrination going on in America and the former USSR during the cold war. Do you think most Americans in those days could still distinguish between one Russian and the other? No! To them they were all vile and dangerous communists, even when the Russian population had no say in their country's politics. We should never lose sight of the fact that generalisation is ALWAYS wrong. It makes one race hate the other, and frankly that is ridiculous! All human beings are different, and it is impossible to blame a large group for the acts of a single person.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 07:32 AM   #24
skywalker
Banned User

My take on the rejoicing (and I don't condone it..no flames, please)is that they are cheering that someone has hurt the USA as a whole and not neccessarily cheering the people that were killed. They believe the US as a whole to be an evil entity. I think the average Palestrinian is being misled by their leaders.

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 11:04 PM   #25
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

All we can do is pray... all we can do is pray...

------------------

Hey, I've gotta crush on you Melissan... please be my gurl!