Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
Aries2003
Welcomed New User

Hello all:

Just wondering where's a good place to get really good weapons & armour? My characters are around level 15-16...2 million + experience points and the only decent weapon my fighter has is "Bloodlust", and that weapon becomes a real pain when an enemy casts "insane" on him and he goes on a killing spree on my other characters...(what counters the "insane" spell anyway??).

What stats does my bishop need to use the Return to Portal and Book of Return? The manual says she needs 50 pts in the Air Realm but she has it and when I try to use the book it says she isn't ready to use it...what gives?

Great forum, keep up the good work and here's hoping for Wiz. 9...(finger's crossed) )

cheers

Aries
Aries2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 PM   #2
EEWorzelle
Manshoon

This one is a bit puzzling. Your Bishop should have been able to get Portal by Level 11. It's a level 5 spell. The only other requirement (for a Bishop) is that any one of the school skills (Wizardry, Alchemy, Divinity or Psionics) be at 60 (or even close to it because 10% of your realm skills count for that).

There are web sites that cover magic and there has been a great utility written that comes in excel spreadsheet form and lets you track magic requirements for verious spells.

It's at wiz8.web1000.com, a guy named "Wolfie" runs it.

There's a great vendor in the Rapax Castle and another in the Northern Wilderness. Other than vendors, there are great weapons and armor all over the game. Check every nook and cranny and keep moving through new areas (versus staying in one or a few spots and leveling up).

Have fun!!
EEWorzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
snooch_dawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good Weapons...

In the temple in the SE wilderness there is a sweet longsword in the crusader's crypt that your fighter/samuri/whatever can use. And if you have any mook characters you can pick up the giant sword in the same spot (or in mountain wilderness in the cave). The temple fight is really hard, but at level 15-16 you should find of it a heckuvalot easier than I did at 12/13. But you will need the protection spells and some eye for an eye potions.

Also there is an enchanted wakasashi (usually) behind the waterfall in the mountain wilderness.

Bela has a gosu bow for sale (can't remember the name, but it's eagle eye +10)

Question. Has anyone ever used a Mook fighter with the giant sword? My ranger does about 30-40 Damage with a 20 sword skill and a 60 strength. How much would a fighter with 100 strength, powerstrike, and berserk do?
Old 03-09-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, my berserk fighter with 100 strength,powerstrike and with lightsword does about 90 damage per slash. In one round he can deal up to 4 slash. so that give him a total of 360 damage per round.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 06:35 AM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
What stats does my bishop need to use the Return to Portal and Book of Return? The manual says she needs 50 pts in the Air Realm but she has it and when I try to use the book it says she isn't ready to use it...what gives?
You need 50 spell points to cast it.

It is a level 5 spells, which means that your bishop has to be level 11 (he is), and has 60 points in his magic skill. Since he's a master of all realms, he needs either 60 alchemy, psionic, wizardry, or divinity (was that the names? maybe not).
In addition, you get skill/10 bonus from the air realm. If you have 50 air skill, you need 55 in any of your magic skills.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:02 AM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Just wondering where's a good place to get really good weapons & armour?
Ferro. In Rapax castle.
(Hope you have some 1000000 Gold to spare)
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #7
snooch_dawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just something I tried last night...

Gave the mace diamond eyes to my lvl 14 Lizard man fighter as his secondary weapon. I was getting around 19-25 damage with either my thieves dagger or stilletto. With the mace (and a "0" mace & flail skill) he now does 50+ damage twice a round with his secondary attack and doesn't miss! [img]smile.gif[/img] That sure beats the crap out of what my bishop can do with it, when she's in range, not casting, etc. (my liz fighter btw has 25 powerstrike)

Wish i had been pumping skill points into mace & flail from the beginning [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.