Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 03:21 PM   #1
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

What do think of the television programme the weakest link. In my opinion it is over rated and a pretty pathetic programme(this is only what i think).See that Ann Robinson is she not a cheeky bitch or what?I would like to hit her over the head with a baseball bat on that show or give her some of her only medicine!!!! Wot is your opinion of this programme and would like to do the same to Ann!!! I'd espcially like to here those opinions of you Americans out there as i heard that it has recently been just televised on American TV!!!!

------------------

"Sorry This is the Non Smoking Section Only"
Old 05-28-2001, 03:23 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
What do think of the television programme the weakest link. In my opinion it is over rated and a pretty pathetic programme(this is only what i think).See that Ann Robinson is she not a cheeky bitch or what?I would like to hit her over the head with a baseball bat on that show or give her some of her only medicine!!!! Wot is your opinion of this programme and would like to do the same to Ann!!! I'd espcially like to here those opinions of you Americans out there as i heard that it has recently been just televised on American TV!!!!

She just says what everyone's thinking, plus, its hillarious to see people belittled like that, especially if they're haughty and arrogent like many are!

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I watched it once and I did't like it. People being put down, made fun of, humiliated, embarrassed. Not my idea of entertainment. Seems like it appeals to the more base qualities in people. Just my opinion.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-28-2001, 03:29 PM   #4
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
I watched it once and I did't like it. People being put down, made fun of, humiliated, embarrassed. Not my idea of entertainment. Seems like it appeals to the more base qualities in people. Just my opinion.

The amin pleasure in it for me is not the humiliating of the contestants who enter to win/enjoy themselves, but the "bringing down to earth" of those who go on just to show off their wonderful inellect.

But im a Fallen one, i get pleasures from these simple things

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 03:31 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Reeka, I haven't seen it, but that's exactly what I thought. If the tone of the show was thought up just for the sake of doing something different for once, I can see their point, and it's an admirable effort. But since the show's been on for a while it seems to me that this Ann Robinson is just playing her tired little b*tching-people-around routine again and again and I don't really see the fun of it. The formula's been drained empty now I think.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-28-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

the show's popularity had dropped 25% after 2 weeks it opened

I'm glad, I hated that show...

------------------

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 05-28-2001).]
Old 05-28-2001, 03:34 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Jerome, I can see your point, but in Dutch quizzes, most contestants are so abominably stupid!!! So they do not need to be humiliated, because they're doing a fine job of it themselves!!
We have a precious few very good quizzes with erudite contestants whom I often deeply admire for their knowledge, and then there are a whole buch of other shows with easy questions and people silly enough to get even those wrong

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-28-2001, 03:39 PM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Jerome, I can see your point, but in Dutch quizzes, most contestants are so abominably stupid!!! So they do not need to be humiliated, because they're doing a fine job of it themselves!!
We have a precious few very good quizzes with erudite contestants whom I often deeply admire for their knowledge, and then there are a whole buch of other shows with easy questions and people silly enough to get even those wrong

I agree Melusine, but i still admire ANY gameshow (regardless of whether i like it or not) that can cause;

(1) Such a lot of intrest/argument
or
(2) Surive and actually prosper in an overcrowded industry

"Who wants to be a Millionaire?" Is a great example; stared with virtually no hype (over here anyway ) and yet went on to be one of the most sucessful gameshows in the world.

But you're right, it was funny at first, though after a week or two i stopped watching it. And have watched it only occasionally since

Sorry for sending your thread of course PB!
Old 05-28-2001, 03:43 PM   #9
Visceris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who wants to be the Weakest Link Survivor from Boot Camp?

HA!
Old 05-28-2001, 03:48 PM   #10
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

I dont mean to be arguementitive jerome BUT WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONARE!!! had a huge advertising campaign. TV adverts, newspapers, billboards, radio, etc!!!! And thats why so many people first viewed the programme before it came sucessful because the aspect of winning a million was a one in a lifetime opportunity and that wot made it sucessful!!!!!1