Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 12:59 AM   #1
Longshanks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings all!

Can some imaginative soul help me with Cet - but just a tiny first hint?

He seems immune to all my magic and blocks all weapons including my Mavin sword and the quest staff, I forget it's name. I've stood toe to toe with the turd for three days running about two hours each time and have yet to injure him even one hp. My party isn't exactly weak or I couldn't battle him so dang long - I even have a Zen Master.

Could someone please tell me how to injure him just ONE HP? [Or 2 or three ]

I'm flat out of ideas
Longshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:03 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Did you use the Mavin Sword and the Staff of Death on the Black Fire? That's the only way to hurt him. There is no way to hurt him otherwise. And he's totally immune to magic. Try using all of your stat enhancing magic on your Mavin and Staff of Death users (things like armorplate, haste, etc.) If you didn't empower those weapons with the black fire though, this is goodbye. Do you have an earlier save? If you do you can always open that up if you didn't use the Black Fire.

I guess this isn't a little hint, but it's not really that much info.

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 06-01-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:07 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, you CAN leave the battle and go charge up the stuff, then return...you just can't leave the pyramid! No problem, though...just run charge up the Mavin and the Staff, and then come back and play "Whack-a-Cet!"

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:08 AM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I thought the door closed behind you. It doesn't though? That's interesting. I guess I'll have to remember that Saz, in case I ever forget something in the pyramid.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:25 AM   #5
Longshanks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks - that's what that danged hint meant. No I didn't "use" the sword or staff on the fire.

And the door is closed behind me - but I save everytime at the pyramid switch

I'll keep ya posted!
Old 06-01-2001, 01:31 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, I didn't realize the door closed behind you. I guess I'm so busy with what's going on in the room, I never noticed.

Best strategy: save and save often! And in different slots! Nothing worse than losing a night's work (and all the cool stuff you've picked up along the way.)

-Sazerac
Old 06-01-2001, 02:42 AM   #7
Longshanks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Jafin and Sazerac!

Cet is dead Very nice surprise at who the final story teller was!

Time to start over and see what difference having the manual makes I would be tempted to go after the dragon for the heck of it but I can't get out of the east side of Brimloch Roon - "DEEP 6: Error - MAX_PROPS EXCEEDED. RECNO=67108882". That error has kept me from finishing a lot of quests this first time through But that just means I'll see some new stuff the second time around And I will sell the stuff I don't want to carry this time instead of piling it up outside the city gates!

See ya, Longshanks
Old 06-01-2001, 02:49 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Longshanks: it sounds as if you have a glitch in the program. Before starting a new game, do a full uninstall of the one you have, defragment your drive, and then do a full install of the game before starting a new group. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

-Sazerac
Old 06-01-2001, 03:06 AM   #9
Longshanks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will Sazerac. Thanx

I wanted to undo the patch and try some of the whacko stuff I've seen posted here anyway!
And to be fair to the game - I was playing with save games created from the bootleg version that I had. I didn't have the retail version until after I was way far into the game (I'd already made it to Brimloch Roon).
BTW- to be fair to the bootleg version - it Never crashed once. The retail version does about every other day. But again, it may be crashing because of where my save games came from.

-Longshanks
Old 06-01-2001, 09:02 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats Longshanks!!!!!!

(Lots of players miss the hint about using the weapons in the black fire - I missed it the first time I played the game. )

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote