Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 07:24 PM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Y'all may remember me limping in here (the BG2 board, actually)after BGD shut down. I was battered and bruised, after watching a great site go down in flames, knowing I had fought a good fight, but saw us lose the war.

This whole site is a breath of fresh air. Everyone is so great to each other. During the "Times of Troubles" (the 2 week temp shutdown of the site) I hit my bookmark AT LEAST once a day. Usually, many more. This place is too good to let go.

Y'all, Wyvern and Saz, fight the good fight. Let me know if you need backup...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
"Let them come. Let them ALL come."

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-30-2001).]
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:25 PM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There will be NO nonsense on OUR board!!!

One thing we have going for us already is the obvious tone of this board. It is friendly and helpful, not to mention - funny. Just reading a few posts should clue any newbies in on that.
If anyone sees someone going off in directions untolerated - feel free to email me. I try to catch everything but I'm always grateful to extra eyes!

And if you find such a post - let ONE person give them the "friendly warning" and then everyone else - IGNORE THE POST! Don't give them ammo!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:27 PM   #13
BladeMaster

This is the first time I posted in this Forum. My swords are at your disposal. I will defend this Great Board from all evil doers.

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 08:08 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hail BladeMaster! Good to see you here!

Don't worry...no storm here! Not yet anyway, and none if we can help it!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:13 PM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, BladeMaster!!!

With all these defenders - "flamers" don't stand a chance!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:23 PM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

The forums here at IronWorks are the exception to the rule. Just about every forum I've been to (especially the ones run by the gamemakers) have gamers who thrive on abusing some of the most respected posters on those boards.
At Pool of Radiance board I'm in the middle of a battle over Free Speech and profanity and it isn't pretty. It makes me look like a prude, because I find some of trash talk repulsive.

This a bit of what I wrote:

"I will defend your right to use whatever words you feel are necessary to express yourself. That said, I will also expect you to use your best judgement and to respect others, when you choose those words.

Freedom of Speech is a right we all share and should be used with tolerance and intelligence, it should not abused for shock value."

I guess I shouldn't worry about what could happen, especially when nothing probably will, but I do worry that some sad individuals may try the same stuff here. This place is great..I hope we can keep it so.

I will more than happy if I'm wrong and be labeled the old fart who cried wolf!

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 05-30-2001).]
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:25 PM   #17
BladeMaster

I have not picked up the game yet. If I have the money on friday I will pick it up then and then be busy all weekend playing it.

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 09:34 PM   #18
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

No need to panic. I'm sure we'll do fine. Let's not forget that it takes two people or more to start a war. Keep an open mind, some of them might be looking for a change attitude and might not enjoy flames at all. Some others, on the other hand, might want to start a flame war. Let's not forget that they lots their forum, let's be sympathetic. But let's make sure we don't loose OUR forum by engaging in such childish behavior.

If you see a flame post, follow Wyvern instructions... Ignore it. It's the best thing to do.

My two Canadian cents (About $0.013 US)
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:45 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
I have not picked up the game yet. If I have the money on friday I will pick it up then and then be busy all weekend playing it.

Cool, BladeMaster! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Not to mention that you'll have a bevy of folks here chomping at the bit ready to help you should the need arise!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:59 PM   #20
BladeMaster

Thanks Saz. I played BG2 without any help up until I had a question concerning the Underdark. So I should be Ok with it.

------------------