Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thought this was amazing. [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history".

-- Pat Robertson, interview with Molly Ivins, 1993.

[ 03-02-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 03-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

WOW! That was probably the worst answer I have ever read! Great comparison. All those poor christians being hurded together into labour camps and then executed. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] I know we have some christians here (are you one Lord K?). What do you think?
Old 03-02-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Awg, as if any intelligent Christian want anything to do with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson... Every religion has its narrow-minded and downright stupid extremists, but it most definitely doesn't mean they represent the opinions of all followers of that religion.

[ 03-02-2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 03-02-2003, 08:52 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Little Patty Robertson is just feeling unloved and a little starved for attention. Pay him/her no mind.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just curios.. what are you talking about?

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-02-2003, 09:02 AM   #6
LordKathen

Just found it while surfing and thought I would share it. No offence intended, from me anyway. Not sure about Pat.

Willow,
I thought most here knew that I am one of the resident loud mouth athiests.
I was not intending to start a debate. I just cant believe some the things people with infuance will say. It astounds me.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

First off, the guy is an extremist. I'm a Christian (mainstream) and I don't like half of what he says or how he says it.

HOWEVER, lest we get all 'hahahaha..what a stupid guy and Christians today are all cozy and comfy around the world....', let me point out that in some countries today there are Christians being tortured or killed for being Christian. The US isn't one of them, Thank God, but I won't demean those who ARE in mortal danger by sitting and making fun of a comment like Robertson's without making the point that in some places it happens.

Now, as for the rest of the quote above.. Good Grief.. why even bring it up? Most average (read "serious and 'normal' " ) Christians don't fall for the Robertson/Fallwell type of hype and extreme positions anyway. I certainly don't know anyone who does, personally! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Awg, as if any intelligent Christian want anything to do with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson... Every religion has its narrow-minded and downright stupid extremists, but it most definitely doesn't mean they represent the opinions of all followers of that religion.
Thank you, Groj!. You obviously recognize that this is a fact of life with regard to any religion!
Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #9
LordKathen

Of course not guys. Just becouse I posted it does'nt mean I think that every christian thinks this way. I hav'nt read any material posted on this forum by you guys that would make me think so. This is a problem though in our country. Millions do follow this kind of leadership and buy into it. I think its an issue that should be addressed. Maybe not here, but definetly needs to be.
There are intelligent christians on this forum, like you guys for example, who I would expect dont think this radically. I dont know, I feel that maybe if issues like this are brought up, either I can come to understand this type of thinking, or we can all, theist and atheist, help each other to rid this kind of discrimination and narrow thought from ruining the free aspect of this country.

[ 03-02-2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 03-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #10
LordKathen

What a coincedence. Here is an example of discrimination that contradics what Pat says.
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=014367

Nice post Charlie. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]