Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 03:12 AM   #1
homer
Manshoon

I have found the white dragon, inside the snow globe, exceedingly difficult to kill. It may be that I will have to come back when I am a little higher level. I am just curious if someone has found an alternate way to obtain the word of power from him, besides killing him.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

No, no alternate way, but I have found a quite cheesy way to kill it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Make him hostile, and run back to the entrance of the cave. Do not go outside, though. Instead, go behind the entrance, if you know what I mean. There are two walls which makes the entrance, and you can hide behind these. Now, there is one certain place you stand where the Dragon can't hurt you, but you are able to hurt it with ranged weapons.
It can be quite tricky to find, that certain little spot, but when you first hve found it, killing the Dragon will be a walk in the park. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:47 AM   #3
Whailor

Heh, now that's cheesy...

OK, some spoilerish too: first, yes, you could use some levels there, as he aint an easy target at lower levels. Secondly, did you find the broken amulet in the chest near the door? And if yes, did you fix it? It could help some. What is your level btw? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, what class you are? Melee fight isn't too easy, as he likes to use Knockdown quite a bit and you're right in middle of it's spells, when it casts those. Who's your henchman?
Old 01-14-2003, 06:46 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

Spoiler

personally i prefer killing the dragon, but im a bloodthirsty maniac, anyhows if you remember when you first enter the snow globe you have the option to turn it, thats the key, take the amulet, go out turn go in and should be fixed. Just do the usual talk to everyone and quest should complete happily without you needing to kill the dragon (cant remember the exact route i took to do it but its along those lines, then i went sod it and killed the dragon anyway [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
homer
Manshoon

I must have missed that amulet. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
homer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
if you remember when you first enter the snow globe you have the option to turn it, thats the key, take the amulet, go out turn go in and should be fixed. Just do the usual talk to everyone and quest should complete happily without you needing to kill the dragon (cant remember the exact route i took to do it but its along those lines, then i went sod it and killed the dragon anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
I found that even after I obtained the amulet and fixed it, I still had to kill the dragon. This may be because I started to fight him before I fixed the amulet, then came back after. The amulet gave some protection from cold and a +5 bonus to one of the saving throws (I can not remember which one). I am playing a monk so I did not need these bonuses. It took a lot of recalling and potion taking, but I was eventually able to kill him.

Thanks for the advice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: homer ]
Old 01-16-2003, 07:33 AM   #7
Grungi
Banned User

well i just went straight in talked to the dragon, he sounded like a git so i killed him [img]smile.gif[/img] i did that with all the dragons except i think the gold one who was nice to me, i killed him purely for the exp [img]smile.gif[/img] muahahahahahhaahahahhahaha

Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:08 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I just waited 'till Linu casted Harm on him.. that always does the trick
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:00 AM   #9
homer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
well i just went straight in talked to the dragon, he sounded like a git so i killed him [img]smile.gif[/img] i did that with all the dragons except i think the gold one who was nice to me, i killed him purely for the exp [img]smile.gif[/img] muahahahahahhaahahahhahaha