Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2003, 03:38 PM   #11
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Arctic. You can survive off of the water there, unlike in the desert where you'd have to find an oasis or something. Besides, if you have clothes, clothes can make you feel warm, but they can't make you feel cold
True very true. You don't need an Oasios to get water. I can just go a cactus and extract some water from there. There is a very high probabilty when you come across a cactus there is water inside it. Cactus are plants that uses water but very little. And who says having clothes in the desert doesn't help? Having clothes will protect from most of the suns rays. Too much Vitamin D is bad for you. After an exhausting day going trudging through the desert I can take a little break and welcome the breezy evening. In an always cold wasteland would really suck. What if you trip over a rock or something and some of the snow gets in and touches your skin. You will be wet and many times more cold. And wouldn't your shoes get soaked? Your feet will soon have frostbite then you'd hardly be going anywhere.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:42 PM   #12
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I suppose you'd have more chance of getting rescued in the Arctic, they've got all these rigs up there. In the middle of a desert no one would be about.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:44 PM   #13
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
No, gimmie Sir G's northern Canada any day
Hey, its not that cold here! In fact, I think it got up to 10C yesterday

[ 10-26-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:48 PM   #14
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Arctic offcourse. You can protect yourself from the cold and cope with it, but heat is overwhelming. I went outdoor camping with themarine corps in the winter, but that wasn't nearly as terrible as the heatwave that struck holland this summer!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:54 PM   #15
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Arctic. You can always snuggle up to somebody to keep you warm. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 04:03 PM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Well, as long as there is the ability to suicide... I mean, er, escape again.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #17
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Arctic. You can always snuggle up to somebody to keep you warm.
i agree

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #18
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Let me just add that dying in the arctic would be a lot more tolerable; you'd slowly feel a debilitating numbness spread through your body as you drift off into a reasonably comfortable sleep from which you'll never wake up.
Not quite so peaceful I don't think! I read about this, apparently when you freeze to death you go a little loopy and have the idea that you're actually really hot, and start stripping off all your clothes and running out of your shelter, which of course compounds the problem. Then of course there's the whole embarrassment of being found in your undies

But I pick arctic as well. I'd get sunburned in the desert, and since my skin doesn't tan, it's not a good look . Plus the scorpions! And the sand [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 05:17 PM   #19
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

How would you know, Mel? The coldest temperature you've ever been subjected to is something like 15c [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh no, wait, you're ignoring me