Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 10:05 PM   #11
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

personally i just think the movie was a typical fantasy movie, and thats the reason no one makes good fantasy movies. they dont take the genre seriously, then the movie fails and they dont make any money so they don't make a sequel. and im not going to get even remotely excited about fellowship of the ring, because theyre just going to do a crappy job on it, lose money, and probably not finish the series. which is just going to piss me off more. I hope beyond hope that it will make some money in the box office so they will be tempted to actually finish the series, but i doubt it. fantasy movies just dont make money, because they make mostly crappy ones.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:44 PM   #12
signe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree completely. I usually like Jeremy Irons but I was actually embarassed for him in this movie. The cute special effects did nothing to save it, in my opinion. I have to admit breaking into smiles when I saw Richard O'Brien and Tom Baker, though.

Signe
Old 11-27-2001, 10:57 PM   #13
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
and im not going to get even remotely excited about fellowship of the ring, because theyre just going to do a crappy job on it, lose money, and probably not finish the series. which is just going to piss me off more. I hope beyond hope that it will make some money in the box office so they will be tempted to actually finish the series, but i doubt it

Actually I think they filmed all three at the same time so there would be some continuity in the trilogy (im sure there was also some sly dealings to make sure that the series *would* be a trilogy)... and with the buzz that is being generated by the general populous, not just Tolkien fans, I'd be suprised if just the opening weekend doesn't bring in enough money to solidify the completion of the sequels...
Old 11-27-2001, 11:46 PM   #14
Lothar

I thought it was barley ok. It had some good points, but not nearly enough for me watch it again and again. ANd yes jeremy Irons ruined the movie more than he helped it. He makes Capt'n Kirk seem like he's underacting.

Old 11-28-2001, 04:01 AM   #15
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
I thought it was barley ok. It had some good points, but not nearly enough for me watch it again and again. ANd yes jeremy Irons ruined the movie more than he helped it.

Barely, barely or even less (so almost completely ruin). For me Jeremy Irons was no really bad and final dragons fight was not bad at all. Other characters performed much worse (main character, that girl - mage, empress, elves...)
And the whole story was more than hopeless.

I wander when this thread will be moved to Books and Movies forum [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 04:28 AM   #16
DiabloRex
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Encard:
Also, they managed to skip over various parts of the plot, such as exactly how the people got themselves committed to doing all the various stuff after going through the magical map near the begining of the movie, just why the main character type person got a fancy lightning-sword thingy from the elves (yes, I can guess why, but they might have put in a bit more about it, or at least a slightly larger part for the elves, or something[!!!])

Its a shame that they didnt have time and money to finish the story as they wanted. I saw some of the deleted scenes on the dvd, and that explains a lot, especially about the map