Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #1
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

....Whatever happened to him then ? Boys, when you're down, you're down.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #2
Jan

He got his ass kicked. 1st round and have a nice trip home.

Old 06-23-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

He just had a bad day. Maybe next time he will win. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #4
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

It´s very windy on the top nowadays, skill differences are getting smaller. Surprises as this may easily happen. He came to the top fast, he cannot stay there forever.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:21 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

That's the interesting thing about tennis; once you've got a bad day, there's no one to fall back to. It's up to yourself what you do, and if you're mentally strong, then you can get along just fine with the right technique.

As for Lleyton.. well, I guess it just wasn't his day.. But that can happen with anyone.. I just hope the women get the same, and that we won't have to watch another all-Williams final..

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 06-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Poor Lleyton . He must be so disappointed. All is not well in the Hewitt camp I think!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Poor Lleyton . He must be so disappointed. All is not well in the Hewitt camp I think!
Don't feel too sorry for him, poor isn't exactly the right word. He'll win some other tournament somewhere else next week, no worries.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:48 PM   #8
The Collective
Manshoon

He shall be assimilated!!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:58 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Oh, how nice, some actual public "Oz-hunk-swooning" by our Aelia! How many Hewitt posters adorn your bedroom walls? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 06-24-2003, 01:34 AM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Oh, how nice, some actual public "Oz-hunk-swooning" by our Aelia! How many Hewitt posters adorn your bedroom walls? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
They don't fit for all the Howard ones! [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] Plus ever since he stopped wearing his hat backwards he's lost that rascally charm. Bit veiny with the shaved head too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I dunno, I always feel sorry for tennis players who lose when they're expected to win (except Tim [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ). It's such a lonely sport, out there, big crowd, no one to gee you up and talk you through the tough points. Tennis is unique in that way, I tried to think of an elite popular sport that was comparable (unlike snooker or squash or something ) and only boxing really compares with the one-on-one aspect, but even then they have their coaches after every round and can stop if it gets too much. Tennis players just have to stay there until the end. Especially men with the 3 sets. It can go for 2 hours even if it's fairly one-sided! That's a long time if you're getting slaughtered.