Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 07:11 AM   #1
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is why:
Spoiler maybe, so
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Was in the lower levels of the temple district and opened the sarcofogus(sp?) to get the golden arms/legs... the shadelich appears and wipes my party (average level about 9/10).. load quicksave... shadelich appears and wipes my party.... load quicksave... shadelich appears and wipes my party... I remember I have daystar:

Auraleus- Sunray: Auraleus
Auraleus did 46 damage to Shade Lich
Auraleus did 1056 damage to Shade Lich
Shade Lich- Death

If I could write a sound script for when my main used the special ability on the weapon, it would be: "thunder...Thunder...THUNDERCATS HOOOOO"
Old 01-27-2002, 07:55 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Yeah, I love that sword. It's incredibly powerful against undead, even more powerful then the Mace of Disruption!
Hmm, this must be the perfect way to kill Kangaxx, be equipped with both the Daystar and the Mace of Disruption! I'm trying that once!

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:59 PM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

Sorry to spoil it for you Exxon but daystar WILL NOT even scratch kangaxx in his demilich form.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
Sorry to spoil it for you Exxon but daystar WILL NOT even scratch kangaxx in his demilich form.

It should... he needs +4 and higher weapons to hit, right ??
Well, daystar is +2, +4 vs. Evil, Double Damage vs. Undead.
And I wouldnt exactly call a demilich good, nor would i call it not undead...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:24 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

mace of disruption has a +2 THAC0 bonus but is considered +4 for what it can hit. daystar is the opposite. vs undead it gives +4 THAC0 but is still considered only +2.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:04 AM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well Amergin is right..... and I dont think that Daystars sunray affects him with the Destroy undead bit
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:43 AM   #7
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another fun thing to do with daystar...
Go to the temple ruins
Throw on Daystar and Cheetah Boots
Run around and gather all the shadows/skeles into a room
Use Dayster
Watch a room full of undead suffer horrible deaths in a huge nuclear explosion of holy justice
Old 01-28-2002, 01:50 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And another fun thing...... Holy Smite
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 02:33 PM   #9
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Auraleus:
This is why:

the shadelich appears and wipes my party (average level about 9/10)

SPOILER on how I obtained the Daystar..

How did you get the DayStar? Just last night I stumbled into that room with the Lich who was guarding the treasure. After knowing it was there it took two tries with a lvl 11 party BUT WAS PURE LUCK - well some of it was preplanned. Twas Minsc, Jah, Aeirie, Yoshi, Anomen, and I there. I'ma bnty hunter so not much I could do.

Did you kill that lich with spells? I tried everything I had memmed and nothing. First fight I knew I was going to die when I sent my main character - rogue- in to loot treasure.... so reload. I saved right in the inn prior to seeing that secret door. I always do. Second fight is where I went in again to set traps. Game said I couldn't on hostiles. I ran back out and quickly remembered a previous fight with an elemental lich.... I needed space.

So, I drew out the Lich even further by going outside where I remember there were some guards. And yup, damned thing followed me which I was hoping for. Now to see what spells he had that were aoe to hopefully get the guards in to help. I think I was dumb on my first move, I casted 4 dooms on him. NOT sure if this was what didn't allow me to dispell him. I think I was dispelling my own dooms off of him and not his shields.

I shoot twice to hit him with arrows and then his magic weapon barrier goes up plus that fire shield of his and another one.... not sure which that was but I couldnt land ANY spells on him nor range attack him. All the while he got a pit fighter up fast who already FEARED 5 of my members and so happened to fear two guards. GOODIE. Now to pray I have enough space and the fear would run out soon. It doesn't. *sigh*

So I'm checking who are feared and who aren't, I try to dispell the fear from my party but it doesn't work. The lich has now both a pit fighter and an elemental to aid him. *gulp* But right afterwards, for some reason, both attack the lich. PHEW. Then two of the feared guards attack him. I see immunity spam. So quietly, I pull half my men to the lower side of the map and some up north away from the possible fears to come. I get hit by at least 2 again and watch as a few of my guys walk right into the fight between the lich, pit fighter and elemental. Thank goodness the guards were there.

I then summon a warrior from the use of the Valhalla horn, the wood nymph from Jah and then a fire elemental from Jah. Only the nymph made it out alive barely. I moved her back to the top of the map. By this time I was seeing death throws from the pit fighter and knew it wasn't going to be good. Already 30 minutes have passed it seems like. I was hoping all spells the lich had would be drained. I continue to shoot magic missles, use dispell, summon insects while I'm using protection radius ten on my party. Aerie had the most self buffs. she was directly right side of the lich since she had decent ac and minor spell deflection up. Minsc, my rogue and Yoshi were on the bottom of the map rdy to shoot more arrows if I saw a shield go down. Jaheira and Anomen were up top with the wood nymph.

By this time, most spells were depleted. Had a few offensive spells left but knew they wouldn't penetrate. I alrdy earlier had used thrust and breach to no avail. I see more immunity spam. Then I try a last resort. Aerie has her one rod of cloudkill left, she uses it and I get Jah to entangle the area where the fighter, elemental and lich were at. BTW, they seemed to have blocked the doorway to the inn so they were on the far left side.

Then, I'm like OMG!!!! The lich death spammed the area and next thing I know elemental is gone. Right after, pit fighter dies from melee hits of the lich...??? Then the lich is approaching Aerie and has charmed my nymph. I send Minsc, yoshi and my rogue straight way to the inn to get back inside in hopes to lock the door on his butt.
The nymph is drained so she tries to melee Anomen and Jah. I quickjly move them away to head for the inn. The lich is alrdy in melee range of Aerie but I move her fast. GOt Jah, Aerie, and Anomen to the inn part but my damned entangle and cloudkill is hurting them. *ARGH*

But what's this??? The lich is meleeing the wood nymph! And right then and there the entangle and cloud kill dissipates. AND!!! all shields of the lich are gone. =) =)
So MY guys just sit there near the inn door for a split second blinking on what to do next. And I knew it was finally time. I selected all members, made sure they had melee weapons selected and rushed his butt. PAYBACK IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. While the lich is trying to hit the nymph I am way way suprised that I'm actually dealing dmg to him. He dies shortly after. I don't hesitate to wait a second and then save. I loot and =) =) =)

I finally get the ring of invisibility. So then I go back into the inn and rest. I use it on my rogue and go back to loot the chest. I see blue colored items and smile more. I then use my glasses of identifying on them and just sit back for at least 2 minutes looking at the stats on the Daystar remembering this post.

Was the best fight I had altho I know there are simpler ways. I just got to find them. I know I' m using some wrong spells and using some out of order... but it was a blast to spend that hour or so with the now dead lich.

Can we all say," PHEW now" =p

Thanks for taking the time to read this since I know its pretty lengthy. I just don't see how it can be won over a fight unless you had a rogue go in and loot the chest without getting killed and leaving.

Welp, have fun and I'll be checking this thread to see how it was done easier and to see if ppl have anything else to add. Now t' go use that sword. Drained me of all my nrg's last night that I was too exhasuted heh.

Just,
PeeWee