Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2003, 07:00 AM   #1
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I'm getting around a bit on the net, and I'm a little concerned that I haven't seen more representatives of the UK... I know the net is big in the US and in AU, but I see very few people from the UK around.

I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what part the web plays in the life of the average British person. Donut springs to mind, and there are a few others around on IW. Is the as net big over there as it is in Australia and America?

I'm just a little curious I suppose. I don't have solid evidence, but I'd suggest there are more Australian families on the net than not. Anyone got the info I'm after..?
Old 09-02-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Sorry can't help you [img]tongue.gif[/img] I am British though; but I'm not exactly what you'd call "average"... I just spend far too much time online...
Old 09-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Really ? It has always seemed to me that there is a sufficient number of "Britz" on IW ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2003, 12:10 PM   #4
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

We don't have as much broad band internet access over here and that probably limits internet use (although the situation is changing slowly).

I also thought it strange that there weren't many of us as roleplaying is as poplular here as anywhere.

And a quick message to any Brits:

Aston Villa for the championship
I hope ManU get relegated and sell their players to Stoke
We better beat Macedonia!

Thanks, just needed to get that out of my system!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Brit here Ermm I spend quite alot of time online, but I have an excuse, I live in the middle of no-where. I'd spend less time online if I had something better to do. I try and go to the nearest town to see friends as often as possible.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Dutchies are well-represented much to my surprise.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #7
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Really ? It has always seemed to me that there is a sufficient number of "Britz" on IW ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And plenty from Franze. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-02-2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 09-03-2003, 03:45 AM   #8
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I haven't spent much time on IW lately to be honest, so I'm sorry if I've misjudged the UK : Non-UK ratio. I just never hear about the UK anymore it seems. Its all the US. Considering we only recently voted to retain the Monarchy, I would have thought there would have been stronger links, but anyway. If I watched the ABC more, I would possibly see more of England, but I don't really watch TV.
I'm afraid to say that I only really get these global impressions through the media, so as with most things which the media presents, its bound to be watered down, or laced in some way.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2003, 03:57 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Hey half the people I meet while MPing with NWN's who are not American, are British. Maybe it's just me though..
Old 09-03-2003, 04:08 AM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ziroc made a thread not too long ago that displayed the percentage of members from each region of the world. Try digging it up, and to my knowledge the UK has a fairly large porportion of members here.