Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

In my current game I saw that two of the NPC's were killed by enemies ( I mean not Ferro ). Strange, in the past they always fled early.

1st: Myles. I was attacked by Brigand in Arnika. Hide myself near the entrance to the HLL. 2 of the 5 Brigands could attack me but the rest decided to attack Myles. He went poisened and ran away. Never saw him again. Later I found a bag near the marina with an ankh . I believe that's the point where he died from poison.

2nd: Rattus Rattus. When I met him ( had no x-ray ) I was suddenly attacked by Juggernauts and a group with 3 Rank Weeds and 1 Iron weed. I manage to reach a nearby corner, but Rattus was killed by 2 Rank Weeds an 3 Juggernauts. Unbelieveable, but in the whole combat he made no attempt to flee.

So I lost two of those guys in one game ( I'm not unhappy about that ) but has anyone else seen, that an NPC was killed by other monsters ?

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:52 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

I had several of the umpanis die from poison after a long battle with some weeds and also several trynnies and t'rang in fights with differen monsters in their bases, and of course Ferro.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:58 AM   #3
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't mean "normal" Umpani or Trynnie etc, dplax. I mean special persons like Sadok, Rattus , Fuzzfas, He'li or others.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:03 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Oh I misunderstood your question then. Myles died for me of course once after I sent him away just before a huge battle with Rapax. I think he lasted about one round. Something similar once happened to Glumph when once just because I got anoyed with him I dismissed him in Bayjin. But I guess that I was at fault there although I sure was happy to get rid of Myles.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #5
ferro287
Manshoon

Some ppl like to kill Rattus early without getting in trouble with the razuka, and he's as helpful as possible (never saw him run from a fight). Rattus drop can be useful.
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #6
Dang
The Magister

My first game when I was back in Arnika at a pretty high level (I was pretty close to ascending I think) I got in a fight with a bunch of Savant Minions in front of the HLL HQ. That fool Myles came running to help his old companions. We told him to stay back, but the legendary cowardice that had made him quit our adventures in the first place was oddly lacking. Long fight short, he got paralyzed by one of the Minions and despite our bishop casting heal on him, shortly met his demise. We made those monsters pay, though. I also made a little shrine for Myles, and the phrase "RIP Myles" on the automap.

My third party, originally called "new weak party" and later nicknamed "The Broadside Bunch"* had just done a deal with Rattus Rattus outside the cemetary when we were attacked by sige spirit and trynnie ghosts. Rattus gave a good account of himself and prevented us from taking much damage in the fight, which made it that much easier for us to pay him back for his aid with murder.

My current (4th) party never talked to Rattus, so, unlike every other game I have played, he is still alive and well!

*A good example of why they got this moniker is Mu'ul Tan (Mutt) the Mook Samurai.

"Mutt strikes with the speed of lightning! X7

"Mutt swings katana and misses.
"Mutt swings katana and hits for 7 damage.
"Mutt swings katana and misses."

They do very well now, though.
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:18 PM   #7
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
So I lost two of those guys in one game ( I'm not unhappy about that ) but has anyone else seen, that an NPC was killed by other monsters ?
Myles, about 3 times, when i fought some savant guys near the Headquarten.

Anna: when i fought some bandids in the entrance of their shop, she fled outside, and got killed.

Braffit: I thought it was save to rest down at him. Awoke from the fight, with Braffit already surrounded. Got killed by a big group of some bandids.

Rattus: Several times. Usually intentional. Didn't want to attack him myself, but wanted the loot.

Privat Panrack (sp?) (the one at the flag): often.

Burz: when i lured Gregor to him
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
"Mutt strikes with the speed of lightning! X7
It seems to me that the lightning strike has a much reduced chance of hitting.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:27 PM   #9
Dang
The Magister

"It seems to me that the lightning strike has a much reduced chance of hitting."

It didn't seem so bad with my first Felpurr Samurai. Then again, that was on Normal mode, and Mutt was on Expert mode. Still, it did pay off, especially once I got my elf rogue 2 thieves daggers and let Mutt use Bloodlust. Then those lightning strikes turned the tide a couple of times. One other problem with him was that he was the only non-stealther in the front line (which was actually the center) and got hit a lot. Now that he has a Giant Sword I put him in a flank.
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:43 PM   #10
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

With lightning strike it may depend on dexterity, etc. I had one doing 20+ damage for all 7x. That was later on though (lev 18+?).