Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 02:56 PM   #1
Northraven
Manshoon

I've had this game for quite a while but have been playing BGII and so have now only just started it...anyway I am trying to install the patch and each time I click on the DEEP6.exe file that I have downloaded it refuses to run the patch program and lists that some file is not present. Does anyone know what is happening here and if it can be fixed?

P.S. that game looks good so far and I am looking forwrd to playing it, any tips on party composistion would be appreciated.
Northraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Northraven!!!

Maybe you got a bad copy of the patch?? Try downloading it again and see if that helps. Also check the BEST TIPS thread for lots of useful information!!

If you still have trouble with the patch, let us know!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:42 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

The patch consists of several files which should be unzipped into your WizardsWarriors subfolder overwriting the files currently there (replacing the old ones).

The extracted files are:
deep6.exe, Gmdata.pak, ttoada.l2n, ttoada.nvs, & D6item.dat
plus two readme files: WWTechHelp.doc & WWPATCH-README.doc.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 04:59 PM   #4
Northraven
Manshoon

Yeah all I got with the zip file was deep6.exe and the readme...I have tried to download it several times with the same result any ideas on what's up...

Also thanks for the welcome everyone on these Ironworks forums seem like good ppl so far.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
Northraven
Manshoon

Okay I think I know what I did wrong...I was failing to extract the contents into my W&W directory, I had assumed that the patch ran it's own wizard. I guess I should learn to read the damn directions thanks for the responses though, and I will post again if this does not work.