Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 11:56 AM   #1
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, I got Icewind Dale and I'm just entering dragons eye what's the best way to kill the lizard men? My party is:
Human Paladin lvl 5
Dwarf Fighter lvl 6
Human Cleric lvl 5
Elf Thief lvl 5
Elf Mage lvl 5
Human Ranger lvl 6

Help please.

------------------
Elminster this Elminster that give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his Arse.
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would cut down to 4 cariters and have some multi clas cariters.This is what I have and the dragons eye was easy for me
paleden
fighter/thefe
fighter/druid
cleric/eltionest
I started off with only two a palden and a fighter/thefe. I aded the rest right before gragons eye.

------------------
shawn harden
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey I like your party, fighter/types rule in IWD. Typical lizardman battles are pretty easy so you may be asking about the lizard king battle? That ones a lot tougher. I used the usual bless/haste/defensive harmony/etc and armed everyone with missile weapons. Sent in a fighter to pop a shot off at the king and lured them down the tunnel. As scout was approaching threw area effect spells behind him and opened up with arrows until melee then switched to swords. Wizard/Cleric throwing spells. Worked well for me, it was a slaughter
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Nice LoA. A better approach then mine. I lined up my boys and girls into a defensive line, dragged back the fighter that talked to the king (the lizard I mean not Elvis). Once the line was reformed, I blasted their back with area effect weapons and kept the fighters pounding away up front. A judicious, and cheeky, use of a cleric's healing or two later and there you are. One victorious party desperately in need of a holiday!

Just make sure that you nail their spellcasters to avoid any unpleasantness.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:50 PM   #5
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got past the lizard men. I killed them using gorilla warfare. Went to the bridge were the captives are set up my people sent my paladin to the king lured him back to my party and BAM!! Thank you guys. Were's the guy that has the Flaming Long Sword +2?
Merlin

------------------
Elminster this Elminster that give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his Arse.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:04 AM   #6
Quentice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would recoomend a bard if u can afford the bardic horn of Valhalla it raoses 1-4 super killly bezerks, she can pick pockets, cast spell and has moderate fughting capacity.
Quentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 07:53 PM   #7
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Minor Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Flaming Longsword +2 resides in the tender loving care of Marchon of Waterdeep. He's one of the good guys (and there aren't many) that you'll meet later in Dragon's Eye. If he doesn't get killed, then you'll have to kill him and his party to receive it.

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 01:22 PM   #8
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got the flaming long sword Marchon died fighting the monsters . And I beat that snake woman thing. And now I've got to get out of Dragon's eye.
Merlin

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 06:24 PM   #9
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Funnily enough Merlin, I've just going through Dragon's again, and one of the random items was...a Flaming Longsword +2. Quite the coincidence, eh?

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 02:46 PM   #10
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm out of Dragon's Eye!! and I have the Flaming Long Sword. Just finished The Severed Hand. My party's much stronger:
Paladin lvl 8
Mage lvl 9
Thief lvl 10
Cleric lvl 8
Fighter lvl 8
Ranger lvl 8

What do you guys think? Now I'm in Dorn's Deep. I read a walkthrough that said not to kill that mage in that house *the mage was very rude *. Will that stop me from getting Pale Justice?
Merlin

------------------