Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 10:47 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Hey, Cloudy! Nice you see my cute self in here, too!! Seriously, 'bout time we got a new hangout around here! I see you've been keeping your usual weekend hours?
I know, it's nice to have a comfy spot for a few exchanges of info or just to say "Hey, how's your cat?"

Hmmm....my hours... well, how do you know my hours? LOL Haven't chatted in ages!

Have you found a cozy spot for music appreciation yet? That kiwidoc song is so beautiful!!!!!

CozyCloud

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-17-2001, 11:31 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Kiwidoc: That is awesome! You are so talented. I have it downloaded and saved in my WMP. I want my wife to hear this. Great going!

Cloudy: What a wonderful, creative idea for a thread! If you wish, I'd be glad to make you a graphic for the "Cloudy's Cafe" sign...maybe in neon art? Or whatever you like. Or if not, that's fine, too.

I agree with RudeDawg: this is what helps make GD so wonderful.

Blessings,

Saz! What a generous offer! And of course I'll accept! A logo for the Cafe! KEWL Hmmm... could post in the first one of each thread as it is created...hmmm

Not neon, though... I think coppery, shiny but not too glitzy...are you confused, yet? LOL Wasn't your old sig a coppery color?
oh and Saz? *smooooooooooooooooch* and a bear hug "kiwidoc style"

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-17-2001, 11:37 PM   #23
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
kiwidoc wanders in carrying a guitar case. I would dearly love a big pot of Assam please. Cloudy is this the sort of coffee shop where you can sing a few songs to celebrate old favourites?

Well it's father's day and mine is 12,000 miles away, and I miss him. Just lost my father in law six weeks ago as well so its a bit of a double whammy. Dont worry, I am doing OK but just a bit sad. Is anyone else here in the same position?

I'll probably feel the sting every Father's Day for the rest of my life since I planned on suprising mine ON Father's Day after an eighteen year absence (last year) and he died just under two weeks before I would have been knocking on his door.
Its a shock, but luckily, it wears off. I'd be a mess if it didn't.

I'll make a cup of instant with cream in his honor. Thanks for the opportunity to do so Cloudy.

Hugs, Kiwidoc!
A round of hugs for everyone!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-17-2001, 11:57 PM   #24
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just sticking my head in for a sec to say hello and good bye. I'm pff tp bed for the first time before 1 or 2 am in a week. So, night all. I'll stop in tomorrow. Moni really sorry about Father's Day for you. I have some days like that in my life. Really, time does make things better.

Nighty-nite!

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-18-2001, 12:41 AM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Just sticking my head in for a sec to say hello and good bye. I'm pff tp bed for the first time before 1 or 2 am in a week. So, night all. I'll stop in tomorrow. Moni really sorry about Father's Day for you. I have some days like that in my life. Really, time does make things better.

Nighty-nite!

Thank you Reeka! You're right, time passing has really made every day without him easier to take. I didn't cry over him today like I thought I might..it just feels weird knowing I was going to be there and "POOF" he was gone before I got the chance to actually do it. Almost like guilt but not because I know he knows how much I love him.

I'm OK but I expect every Father's Day that rolls around is gonna make me remember my plan for last year...til I lose all memory of it anyway.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 12:48 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Jus popped in to say hello to all, esp, Cloudy (you don't mind the name 'Cloudy', do you?).
As I nurse my (real life) coffee, I just want to say that Ironworks is one of the best forums I've visited.
Thanks, all, for making it so!
Hayashi! It was good of you to pop in! No, of course I don't mind if you call me Cloudy! I'm really glad to hear how much you like the Ironworks too!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-18-2001, 01:30 AM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I'll probably feel the sting every Father's Day for the rest of my life since I planned on suprising mine ON Father's Day after an eighteen year absence (last year) and he died just under two weeks before I would have been knocking on his door.

I'll make a cup of instant with cream in his honor. Thanks for the opportunity to do so Cloudy.

Hugs, Kiwidoc!

Moni

Aww Moni! *HUGS* That's sad It has to be hard to see this day come round each year, but I hope you feel better now.

Have something to drink and check out the armchairs, Moni! Lots of people to talk with too! You like orange? I found the most delightful orange flavored honey spread that MELTS into tea. mmmm yum!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-18-2001, 01:56 AM   #28
CyberPixie

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
Well it's father's day and mine is 12,000 miles away, and I miss him. Just lost my father in law six weeks ago as well so its a bit of a double whammy. Dont worry, I am doing OK but just a bit sad. Is anyone else here in the same position?
I'm in a similar position, although not because of my father, who I got to spend some time with this weekend. A month ago today, two friends were killed by a drunk driver on their way to Dallas, and this past Friday would have been Suzanne's 31st birthday. (Many of you TX residents may have heard about this accident. It happened just outside Sherman. Drunk driver had been driving on the wrong side of the road for six miles, and when my friends topped a hill at 1:20am, there he was.) It's been a hard week for me, so I sympathize with you, kiwidoc. My thoughts are with you!

As far as the coffee goes, I worked in a couple of coffee shops, so I'd be more than willing to help whip up a few specialties for you all! My favorite is something a coworker and I created, and we call it the...um...*ahem* Flavorgasm. It's a mocha with hazelnut and creme de menthe flavoring, and I could really use one right about now since I'm falling asleep at my keyboard!

[This message has been edited by CyberPixie (edited 06-18-2001).]

Old 06-18-2001, 01:58 AM   #29
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Hugs, Kiwidoc!

Moni

Just popped in to say hi and to get a coffee. Moni I am so sorry to hear about your father and I am here for you if you ever want to talk. I lost my grandfather to cancer 11 years ago. I was close to him because he was taking an interest in my military career because he was military vet. He passed away when I was on a military exercise and when they sent me home to go to his funneral, I missed his funneral by 6 hours because they sent me back on a bus instead of flying me back. Our whole family was pissed off at the military because I was not able to make the funneral.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here. Say hi to my lover Tess.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-18-2001, 03:12 AM   #30
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Moni, Blademaster and CyberPixie ... this time I am not going to hug you.

I sit you all with me in a circle, and give you all a glass of your favourite drink. I make sure there are a few empty chairs so there is room for any one who wants to join us. We spend time telling each other stories about the ones we are missing, celebrating our favourite moments. Now, join me in a toast to the ones we have lost

May the sun always shine on your shoulders
May the stars always shine in your eyes
May you fly forever free
Cross the wide and empty skies
May you find the golden lands
Beyond the sunlit seas
And rest upon the golden strands
Where all your sorrows ease
You may have slipped away
But you're not completely gone
For tucked away inside my heart
A part of you lives on.