Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I saw a little of the court footage, but nothing this close-up.

Cerek, I've heard of the skin condition, and reports say its a legitimate disease and claim on his part. They also say wearing one glove was initially a way of hiding the condition on his hand.

It's called "vitiligo", a condition in which patches of the skin whiten. It's clearly more visible in people of color, but any race can contract the condition, which I think may be autoimmune (the body attacking itself).

However, Mr. Jackson's problems go much deeper than a case of vitiligo, though. A truly tormented individual...growing up in a house of child abuse, then rocketed to stardom at such a young age.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 PM   #32
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Saz, I have a patient of Lebanese ancestry, who has vitiligo. Her skin color is patchy, like a paint horse, I have yet to see a picture of him with the patchy coloration that makes this disease. He may have tried to bleach his remaining dark places so that he would be more uniform. But, all that has nothing to do with "the nose." That is botched plastic surgery.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #33
Lavindathar
Harper

You all say wasted talent.......he is still the most succesful artist of all time, with the biggest selling album of all time I beleive....also, with the biggest record deal. How is this a waste? He beat everyone else. He was a God, and just because of what he has done, doesn't mean he should be branded a failure, or a nasty person. You're all being too harsh.

If you were coloured, and had this skin condition, would you want to be coloured with light patches? No, so the only corrective treatment was an unpredicatble bleaching of the skin.

And millions worldwide have plastic surgery, why dnt you pick on them? Ok, he isn't the prettiest picture, but he still stands up for what he believes in, and although he may be physically ill, he may be mentally fine. None of us know.

Micheal Jackson - A God.

[ 11-14-2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 11-14-2002, 09:17 PM   #34
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

What's on his nose? Is it hair (kinda looks like that scrub brush he's got on his chin)? Or just is it decomposing? Ack!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-14-2002, 09:47 PM   #35
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

They transplanted black skin off of his ass to the nose area and now he has a
brown crusty nose, did anybody see his Holloween video? He is starting to look
like the Skeleton from that. Maybe he's turning into a Doppleganger that can Dance real good! But if I had all his money I wouldn't care if my face was all crusty and scary!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:49 PM   #36
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

*sees picture, crawls into corner and curls into fetal position. Begins whimpering*
Old 11-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #37
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Michael Jackson is living the American dream!!In America ANYTHING is possible. How else could a poor black boy become a rich white woman?
Old 11-14-2002, 10:40 PM   #38
SomeGuy
Unicorn

That's just wrong...
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-14-2002, 11:59 PM   #39
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Poor MJ, now he's missing his court case because he's afraid of another close-up... News Story

[ 11-15-2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Downunda ]