Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

To all those willing to help; how can I build a character in the Aurora tool set and them use it as a player character in any module in the game? Thank you.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to IW [img]smile.gif[/img] . You can use a prog called leto, download it at at NWvault.

Tell me what you are trying to do and I bet I can help you do it normally (but you will still be probably using this editing prog).
Old 12-21-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

I intend to creat an Avariel (winged elf) character in the Aurora tool set and then "export" it so I can use him as a player character. I have created a small module ("My house") with a small house interior area, where I would place the character blueprint. Then I woul load the module and save that character as an ordinary local pre-generated character, which could be used in any other module of the game (including the official ones). Thank you once again.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah you can do it all by creating a regular PC and using this program. My current character has demonic wings and a tail .

I would avoid NPC conversion as some details may render your char illegal when you enter certain servers. Download this prog, open your char up using the advanced editor, there you can make wings.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

Even so, how could I do that which I previously described, in the Aurora tool set? Once more, thank you.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok, like I said doing it within the toolset and then converting to NPC would most likely result in your character becoming illegal on most servers and thus being rejected so this would not achieve what you want since the OC may well detect it as an illegal char also. Another thing that may happen is the .bic file may become corrupt.

All above taken into account if you still want to do this the hard way however, you would do the following: Create a PC as normal, then use LETO's PC-NPC converter to change it to an NPC, then export it, then import it into desired module, make the changes, export, import and re-convert. My first suggestion was easier [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Mate, if all this is too much hassle I can make one quickly and easily for you. Just tell me what stats, class etc. and I can send you the character file complete with wings and avariel soundset. Or you could make one as you desire, export it and send me the file. This way all the customization (skin colour etc.) would be there and I'd just pop on the wings. T'is up to you.

[ 12-21-2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

Arrow

While trying to follow your recomendations, I got stuck in one step: how do I export my character after applying the desired changes in the Aurora tool set, so I can import and re-convert it using the Leto program?

I tryed to use the Leto (HotU v4.7.5.70) program to build the Avariel character, but I was unsuccessful in adding the angel like wings. And, I was also unnable to add the desired portrait (HotU Female Astral Deva).

I humbly accept your offer, surely, if it is not a great burden to you.

My Avariel character: Female (Name: Kelandria).
Elf - Avariel (with angel like wings).
Sorcerer (1st level)(Chaoti Neutral).
Stats: STR - 14
DEX - 20
CON - 14
INT - 18
WIS - 16
CHA - 22
Feats: All default racial feats for an Elf.
Luck of heroes.
Skills: Concentration - 4
Heal - 4
Lore - 4
Spellcraft -4
And 8 remaining points.

One time and again, thank you.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok done, I will send it to your email address listed on profile. That version of Leto you got is an old one, the newer one for HOTU isn't out officially yet but you could have done the NPC convert with the older version.

A few things first; Your stats were impossible to put on a 1st level sorc legally so I went for prime req. (char) and con. The skill points were also illegal values (not enough) so I left them up to you (you need to wait until you level up but they will stack).
If I changed them to the values you specified you wouldn't be able to enter any servers online or the OC (not 100% sure about OC).

Leto can be used to make illegal stats (hacked chars) but avoid it since no server will allow you in (you'll be rejected on entry by the game itself). I am assuming here that you have HOTU. Do not edit your char using the new 'Customize Character' option when you load up a module as this will clear the unique portrait and soundset I have given your char to adher to the Avariel race. If you are adamant to change something use Leto and save the .bic. Let me know if this is what you wanted, I'm heading out right now but can easily make some changes for you later on if you let me know.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #9
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

That version of Leto I have is the latest one available in the Neverwinter Nights Vault, according to its description. I also possess the offial Shadows of Undrentide version. I will try to make things work with one or the other.

In both those versions of Leto, I can not place wings in my character using the advanced editor, by changing the associated value - it is said that I would need a ".hak" pack.

I thank you, very much, for the character you have built and sent to me. And I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.