Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 AM   #1
Talon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi. newbie here. Been browsing around IW for a while trying to decide which game to buy next. I’ve picked NWN, hope it’s a good choice.
I’ve tried to create a character close to my old p’n’p D&D character but I don’t quite have enough points to add to my stats. For sentimental reason I really want to play this guy, so my question is there a way to add a point to a few stats so I can reek havoc the talon way?
BTW a great site and happy Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:43 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Best wishes to you as well, and welcome to the boards. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

About your question, do you mean you want a leveled up character right from the start ? There's a few cheatcodes available, but trust me when i say that it would totally destroy the fun of playing this game.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:45 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to IW, mate [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Well, NWN's is a great game given a chance. Do not judge the game soley on the official campaign as you haven't really played until you have played multiplayer, trust me . On top of that there is tons of community content available for download including modules (games/quests like the official campaign), scripts, characters and various building tools.

If you are wanting to add to your characters stats at first level you have three choices.

A) You can wait until you naturally level up via adventuring
B) You can level yourself up via commands (this is essentially 'cheating' although some mods require you to be of a particular level to play so you have to)
C) you could actually hack you stats although this will make you character illegal, a hacked char.

Which one do ya want?
Old 12-19-2003, 05:01 AM   #4
Talon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys,
No all I want to do is add about 3 more skill points 1 to str and 2 cha then my chactor will be close enough to my old D'n'D player when I started, don't really want to make an uber charcter with str at 25 and things like that.

My modem only really connects at 33k so not very useful for on line play, shame, I'd really like to give it a go, on day when I get broadband!!

If the offical campain is not the best would you suggest either of the expansions or try and download some mods??

[ 12-19-2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Talon ]
Old 12-19-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

yes. you absolutely can.

go ingame and make your character how you want her, with the points they give you, keeping in mind you can raise ALL your stats. start the game and save both the game and your char. just in case something goes wrong

when while you're ingame, do this, EXACTLY, raising ONE stat at a time and completing the entire process before starting another stat, and minding your caps and spaces and underscores:

~ (press the tilde key)

DebugMode 1

dm_setCHA XX
dm_setSTR XX
dm_setINT XX
dm_setWIS XX
dm_setCON XX
dm_setDEX XX

(XX is the FINAL amount you want! eg: dm_setSTR 21)

you will get a message "Enter Target Mode"
the cursor turns into a targeted cursor
press it on your character where she is standing in the game.

you should see a brief "success" message! so, open your stats window to confirm that it did, indeed, work.

then do it again for every stat you want to raise! when you have finished raising her stats and are happy, close out the console as follows:

~ (press the tilde key again)

DebugMode 0 (zero not a capital letter O)

you are all set now!

have fun!

V***V

PS: i forgot to tell you that you only enter the stats you want to change. anything you don't want to change... don't mess with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS #2: if at any time you lose your console at the top of your screen, just press the ~ (tilde) key to bring it back up!

PS #3: if you want to do more, go here for the full list of commands:
http://nwn.bioware.com/dms/commands.html

[ 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-22-2003, 03:43 AM   #6
Talon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks very much vesselle.
Hope I gat some time off over the Christmas break to do some playing now!!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:11 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Welcome to both Ironworks and Neverwinter Nights, Talon.
If you are looking for some good custom modules, have a look at http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/HallOfFame.shtml

I suggest the Shadowlords modules, because you are on a 33K modem. Most of them are smaller then 1 MB, and only one small hak pak is required for all five of the mods.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote