Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #41
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
4. Whats you're poison? [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]
Bundaberg Rum

Quote:
Aelia Jusa:
5. What are your goals for the next 1 month, 6 months, 5 years, 10 years?
Hmm

1 Month: Get my drivers license, complete several university assignments
6 Months: Pass the university courses I am currently doing
5 Years: (Well thats a jump) Complete my uni degree, find a decently paying job to pay off my HECS fees
10 years: Hopefully a air conditioned office and an nice human resources job, might look into a law degree once I am settled into a pattern.

Ok next answerer will be... HiveTyrant
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #42
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Hello HiveTyrant.
1) If you could be any animal, what would it be?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #43
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

2) What caused your pac man pill-eating sig?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #44
SecretMaster
Apophis

3. If you could pick any time era to live in, which one would it be?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #45
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
4. What was the most recent time you had a 'reload' moment - when you wished you could load a previous 'save' of your life and do something over? And no 'I never regret anything' copouts either! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Everyone has things they wish didn't happen, like accidently cutting yourself or scraping your car or something

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
It's a person type indicator. Material based, gotta have the best of the best will always choose Filet over Cheeseburgers. People that choose cheeseburgers will tend to be more down to earth, and less concerned with worldly possessions, etc. In Shadowhound's case, the choice wasn't so much the Filet, as steak in general, according to the response. It's an insight into the type of person, not that one or the other is good or bad, there is no right answer, it's just a look deeper into them than they might ordinarily allow somebody to get...
I see. Sounds a bit too 'women's magazine quiz' to me . I guarantee you my answer didn't provide any insight in that regard anyway

[ 07-14-2006, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 AM   #46
Sir Goulum
John Locke

5. Do you watch the news/read the newspaper alot? Why/why not?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 AM   #47
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:

1. What genre of computer (video) games do you enjoy most?
2. When was the last time you cried and why?

1. Probably strategy/building type games like civilisation, colonisation, caesar, etc. I like RPGs as well but I have spent many many happy hours playing strategy games.

2. I think the last time was earlier this year. We were being kicked out of our offices at uni and the people in charge did not seem to be making much effort to find us new places. I was feeling really frustrated and kind of desperate because all we were getting was platitudes, while other 'special' people were getting found offices straight away. It was just a really frustrating situation and my brother was there and it all kind of came flooding out. To my surprise (and embarrassment), this turned out to actually be a useful thing because my brother was so incensed that he wrote a rather 'direct', to put it politely, email to the head of school regarding how shabbily the department was treating its postgrads and I found myself with an office soon after (possibly in spite of this though ).

Quote:

3. What was your first computer/console game? Whichever applies.

4. Cheeseburgers, or Filet Mignon?
3. I think it was a game called Alley Cat where you were a kitten and had to get past levels like eating food out of dogs' bowls or catching fish in a bowl or getting things off a bookshelf without big cats attacking you. It was fun!

4. I guess cheeseburgers if I had to choose, I'm not a fan of steak, but neither do I like fast food cheeseburgers that much. A homemade hamburger with cheese is definitely yummy, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina:

5. Why the flying pig, is there a funny story there?
5. Not really; when I first joined IW I wanted a sig, and I found Pink at a Pink Floyd website (he is a Pink Floyd pig) and he was like my mascot/familiar/pet/etc. I think he was evil or something, some clan silliness or somesuch . I think I just liked his cute little wings, mostly [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Aelia;
Insights gained from the answer to the Cheeseburger question:
A person looking to take you out would find you a reasonable date. A small diner would be better to you than the extravagant steak house, perhaps even a pancake house. I'd say that you're not extremely high maintenance, or at least not such a stickler about life in general. One word give away "yummy". Your not the prim and proper, nose stuck up in the air type. All of this is based only on the response to that question. It's not an end all be all for a personality quiz, but it does give away more than you might suspect.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #48
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
4. Whats you're poison? [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]
Bundaberg Rum
[/QUOTE]Yaargh! Another Bundy man! I thought i was rare!

Good game this, very insightful. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #49
shadowhound

Well since I live in Bundy its kind of hard to avoid it
Old 07-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #50
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:

Aelia;
Insights gained from the answer to the Cheeseburger question:
A person looking to take you out would find you a reasonable date. A small diner would be better to you than the extravagant steak house, perhaps even a pancake house. I'd say that you're not extremely high maintenance, or at least not such a stickler about life in general. One word give away "yummy". Your not the prim and proper, nose stuck up in the air type. All of this is based only on the response to that question. It's not an end all be all for a personality quiz, but it does give away more than you might suspect.
Yeah, see I think that is reaching to a huge degree, and there are many other interpretations you could have made that would be equally valid and therefore equally useless. I could have read the question extremely literally, i.e. "which food item do I prefer" (which I did), so the fact that I said no to the filet has nothing to do with what sort of restaurant I would like - I could as easily prefer a fancy restaurant, but I would order the chicken or the foie gras. Or maybe the fact that I said no to both and said I'd make my own suggests I'm extremely high maintenance in that I'm fussy and controlling (but delightfully whimsical - see "yummy" ) and no restaurant you'd take me to would be good enough. There are just too many variables affecting how people will answer this question, rendering any conclusions you might make regarding personality as meaningless.

Anyway sorry to harrass you for what is a perfectly harmless and fun question [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] . Possibly this debate has told you more about my personality than whether I like my beef in whole or reconstituted form - that I'm a boring harping pedant . I think this sort of 'pop psychology' is a bit of a bugbear of mine because it is the sort of thing that laypeople identify as what scientific, experimental psychology is about and it gives it a bad name