Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 02:57 PM   #1
Magnus

I sincerely felt compelled to write this. I have never seen another board with the extremely diverse, intelligent, & topic knowledgable members of this forum. The almost complete lack of flames and genuinely concerned help available is outstanding. I also enjoy hearing from some notable lady-gamers;
Draconia
Melusine
Moiraine
I think its great to hear their unique perspectives. I hope the game writers are listening as well.
I also feel compelled to recognize the mentors of us all;
Memnoch, Armisael, Oh hell, there are too many others. You are all a credit to gamer everywhere.
"Ahh, We are all heros here. You, & me, & Boo....Hamsters and rangers everywhere...REJOICE!"

Old 12-16-2000, 03:10 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

sadly however there are some flamers on this board. For instance Namless Flamer and Flamer Wannabe. Glad to hear it but it sounds a lot like sucking up.

Old 12-16-2000, 03:20 PM   #3
Magnus

I guess I was wrong.

Old 12-16-2000, 03:25 PM   #4
Jon the Hell Caster

not too wrong everyone else is awesome! expecially me!

Old 12-16-2000, 03:30 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

How is this sucking up? I think it was meant to be sincere and not just to suck up to people. I agree with Magnus that the people on this board are friendly to newcomers, quick to answer questions and really very knowledgeable, and the board is really diverse and tolerant with regard to age, gender and whereabouts (oh and race- glorick the half-orc) So maybe Magnus wasn't a member of the board when the Nameless Flamer was active, but I find it pretty easy and not very nice to condemn this thread for that.
Old 12-16-2000, 03:45 PM   #6
Magnus

I am rather new to this board. I've never really been active on any others. They always put me off with too much of the "road rage" principle. I enjoy a heated debate as much as the next guy, more than most. Most of my friends consider me to be a 'lively' debater. I just find it tiresome to read some flaming garbage from someone who is obviously suffering from some sort of personality disorder. What I enjoy most about this site is that people generally stick to the topic and avoid personal attacks. I remain amazed that this site, with its tremendous diversity, avoids those pitfalls so well. I wonder how it came to be this way?

Old 12-16-2000, 03:51 PM   #7
Jon the Hell Caster

good Magnus because I also love debating! Start posting Topics and get some good ones started! Good Luck With Baldurs Gate (GLWBG)

Old 12-16-2000, 04:20 PM   #8
Magnus

One of my favorites, so far, is the 'might vs magic' thread. I may have to bump that one up!

Old 12-16-2000, 07:08 PM   #9
Armisael

A nice sentiment. I've been called a lot of things before (usually in a raised voice), but never a mentor. And I agree, it's a great board.

Old 12-17-2000, 01:59 AM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Ahhh.. Armisael you are too modest to be sure.
And trust me, those of you who never knew "He whos name is to never again be mentioned, and his lackey wannabe" didn't miss anything. It was truly sad.