Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 03:57 PM   #1
chimera99
The Magister

After ariving in Arnika for the first time I went to the inn to rest. Outside the window I saw 6 savant troopers. I decided to continue resting until they went away. (After the road, I wasn't in the mood for any more major fights for a while.) It took two full rest periods, but they were finally gone. The AI is not to be denied however. Waiting for me fight outside the door of the inn were the 6 troopers. In addition, they hadn't been idle, they had added 6 more troopers and 6 raiders, totaling 18 bad guys, all waiting for my coming out party. Using my new tactics of immobilization (freeze and fry) that I learned from the members of this board, as well as the help of a passing monk, I managed to beat them (worth about 8K per char). But, I was quite surprised to have my longest battle not on "the road" but instead after I arrived in the city.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:07 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

My longest battle was actually in Trynton (on the ground). My characters were battle weary after a long battle as it was. And I got attacked by plants, rapax bowman, a bung load of seekers and hogar. The fight lasted (mind you, out of magic [and had no refresh potions for it since I was only level 8 or 9 at the time), and most of my characters were deeply wounded - but somehow, I kid you not, I managed to survive a battle that went on for 57 rounds. I had ALMOST given up and just loaded my previous save (which was all the way back in Arnika)!
Old 12-07-2001, 05:45 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

omg! does that ever sound familiar! i was doing everything to avoid those guys too. LOL!

i did find out something after being in town for a bit, keep the green blobs on your radar close to you. the patrols are your friends and will gladly take the brunt of the fight so that you can pretty much wander around attack-free.

it is that first encounter tho that's so awful. the road trip drains you terribly and all you can think of is home and hearth within your grasp! also, remember the Phoonzang fountain when you come in can heal you. i jumped in to heal AND fought from there the first time!

it really does turn into no big deal after you rest, tho!

V***V
Old 12-07-2001, 10:42 PM   #4
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

I even heal the green blobs (your allies) after a fight in case I need them again. There is one part on Trynton ground level where I fought some baddies and 3 Trynnies helped out. One got killed and even days later returning to Trynton alas there still be only 2 now to guard the trees. So I started healing them just in case.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2001, 10:41 AM   #5
Syrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another testament to how good this game is. Attention to details makes a game seem so realistic. These finishing touches polish this game better than any I can remember
Old 12-08-2001, 11:58 AM   #6
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aye, this game is incredible. [img]smile.gif[/img]