Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 09:07 AM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, folks, I'm back in business. Computer is up and running, did a reload and all my old guys are wiped clean. So I remade my party. I've got two fighters, two mages, a cleric, and a ratling thief. Here is my question. Should I go ahead and change the fighters to ranger and paladin, and the cleric and the mages to their respective changes, or should I wait until I've gain some experience? Just curious.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:23 AM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hiya BK,
Well, I would definately get some experience and training first. I think that is one of the advantages of leveling up - the training; and as you get higher, it takes longer; therefore, when you change roles, you start anew and can level up faster and get more training.
I don't think the game is very hard, so I don't like the idea of "super" characters or resetting to get higher levels at the start of the adventures for my game. But, to each his own.
I do enjoy hearing about others adventures, super or not.
Let us know what you decide, ok?
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:33 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BK, I'd take the Warriors up ASAP, but hold off on the Priest and Wizard until you've gotten their spells up quite a bit, ESPECIALLY Vine and Stone magic, which are harder to develop (especially Stone). Wait until you get your top level spells in those, then switch them.

You can't do anything with the rogue until Ishad N'ha, so just concentrate on developing his Traps & Locks and Pickpocket right now.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:51 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Had a reply written and then got a major glitch - only now able to get back and see that it didn't take my reply at all.

BK - Check out Ryanamur's tip on the 2nd page about how to really pump up your characters early in the game. It's a great strategy and one that you might want to try!

Keep us posted on how your new party is doing!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:36 AM   #5
Black Knight

Kewl. Will do the Ranger and the Paly straight away, then work on the Cleric and the mages after I do the outside quests.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #6
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
BK - Check out Ryanamur's tip on the 2nd page about how to really pump up your characters early in the game. It's a great strategy and one that you might want to try!

Keep us posted on how your new party is doing!!

Wyv
So yeah, that whole rerolling thing? Didn't know. Hmmm ... now I have to play and get better stats ... naa, just gonna go with what I have. Go for the power trip next time.

BK
Old 05-22-2001, 11:52 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BK, I've played both ways, doing the "power trip" and the standard game, and I can tell you hands down..the standard game is more enjoyable. The "power game" works fine around Valeia, but you'll get so bored with it by the time you get past Castle Shurugeon, unless you're a stat-grubbing "munchkin", you may lose interest. That's what happened with my solo character...I got so bored with him I fairly hated him by the time I got to Cet's pyramid.

I'm running a party of 6 right now and having as much fun as I did when I first played the game. I still appreciate the challenge. Of course, I play at "hard" level with respawn set to "frequent" so I get some pretty interesting encounters!

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 11:56 AM   #8
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am also slowly rebuilding my characters, after a wipe. I'm going about starting up playing again very slowly, slightly mistrustful of my computer ... it'll take awhile to settle in and forget it's temper again.

Anyway, my general stradegy so far has been to change my warriors to barbarians right off, to shoot for hit points, and also so that I won't have to "wait" to catch upto my previous level before gaining the benefits of barbarian.

------------------
"She could sit in her chair as if the decision she had made to sit down cut off all ability to stand up."
--Alfred Kazin, New York Jew.
green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote