Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

(Contains a minor spoiler. Don't read if you've just started playing SoA for the very first time).
So here my party stood, at the City Gates on the way to Nalia's keep to do her quest. I decided to pop in to the Crooked Crane Inn to say hello to the resident lich.

I had Yoshimo hhide in shadows then went into the hidden room. Tried to steal the Daystar, no luck. Lich started firng up his spells; Yoshi took the opportunity to beat a hasty retreat back to the inn.

Party is arrayed waiting for the lich to appear. After a few seconds lo and behold! he is there. He starts casting spells when Minsc, equipped with the Baldurdashed Azuredge, leaps forward. With a great roar, he smites the mighty lich who fails his saving throw (apparently) and is killed on the first hit!

Easiest lich battle I've ever had in the BG series of games, heh.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Okay.....I can see Azuredge's "Vorpal against Undead" property bypassing Stoneskin, lots of weapon enchantments will ignore Stoneskin. But Protection From Magic Weapons? That's one I haven't heard.

You want to kill a Lich WITHOUT hitting him at all? Turn Undead.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:15 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ah, experiences like that is the most fun of all experiences. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've been able to kill Shangalar the Lich with a Turn Undead. My Cavalier was lvl 19. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 04:54 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

I'm soloing Fighter-Mage-Thief and killing Liches, Dragons, Illithids, everyhing with Spiked Traps (no saves, no protections, about 70 damage).
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote