Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

FX channel played that movie from a few years ago, Open Water. Anyone seen that before? When it first came out I avoided the hell out of it, cause they always air shark stuff during the summer, and I think the year it came out I was planning a beach vacation and the last thing I need is to see some shark horror movie LOL. So I decided to go ahead and watch it today, and man I can't get it out of my head now. Something about how they filmed it, almost like a home video the way the camera went. Not a lot of sound either. Very little music for emphasis. I think they made this movie with what information they had, and how they think it went for the poor couple, left in the middle of the ocean. I mean, every single moment of this movie just feels so realistic in how they did it, you can completely imagine how you yourself would be in that situation, it makes you understand the horror. They did a really good job filming this movie in that simplistic way. Especially with camera shots at water level, giving the watcher a good idea of what the couple themselves saw. No big acting or drama, just realistic in a raw way.

And man I'm so pissed off cause it all could have prevented so easily! Just a really horrifying movie, but not gory btw. The way they make it, they don't have to do the gore to get the watcher to feel the absolute desparate situation of it all. And the fact that it is all so stupid, one idiot did an idiot thing, and you are dead in a terrible way. It's almost typical. Ugg.

Anyway, what have you watched or rented recently, anything good?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Watched dawn of the dead teice last week [img]tongue.gif[/img] Awesome movie!

Apparently my friend got a copy of Hostel 2 (The digital version was leaked or something) but I think i'll wait and go see it at the cinema's [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I just put in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, I haven't seen that movie in a while, so I decided to rent it today.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just finished watching The Return, am somewhat dissapointed.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">Ghost Rider - Very Good movie.

George and the Dragon - Very Good seemed like a low budget film with a ton of famous actors. My only beef with this movie is the lines and some of the characters seem to be a riped straight from Robin Hood: Prince of Theives.</font>

[ 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Watched Super Troopers the other day with a few friends. Every year, as in Tradition from being in band, we watch it. Taht movie never gets old.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I rented Open Water a few months back. The special features on the disk told about the husband/wife team who wrote, produced, and filmed it. Very low budget -- $130,000.00!! For 2.5 years they would actually fly down to the Bahamas & film for a weekend, then come home again. They actually filmed in the ocean with wild sharks. There's some great info here about it.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Will make a point to catch Open Water soon..

Still recovering from Devil's Rejects tho
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
Thoran
Galvatron

Lets see... since the beginning of the year I've seen the following at the theater, although I might miss a few:

-Shooter - bleh, waste of 2 hours, get it if you've got Netflix and are out of good movies to watch.

-Surfs Up - Excellent movie for the kids, and not a bad movie overall... awesome animation. See it at the cinema!

-Ghost Rider - Fun but predictable and thin on plot, rent it for a b-movie night.

-28 Weeks Later - Zombie filled fun but with some huge plot problems... worth a rent.

-300 - The way a movie based on a Graphic Novel SHOULD look. Definitely worthy of a cinema visit.

-Night at the Museum - Fun kids movie - not real challenging material but worth a rent.

-Pan's Labyrinth - Best movie I've seen this year, bit heavy handed on the violence side but a great movie. Great on the big screen.

-Pirates of the Carribian At World's End - A fitting sequel that doesn't quite match up to it's predescessors. A good rental though.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #10
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Saw The Guardian in FL. and Shrek the Third. Hopefully, that'll be the last Shrek movie. It wasn't nearly as amusing as the oher two.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote