Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 09:50 AM   #1
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Goodness. I don't know how to beat Duriel with my Amazon. She has the most pips in Guided Arrow, Critical Strike, and Multiple Shot. I know that some people suggest running and shooting, but for some reason, I can't get enough distance in order to seriously consider turning and shooting. Sure, I could use Cold Arrow to slow him down, but it'd only be for a few seconds, and his burst of speed catches up to me soon enough.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

what level are you? if you don't have decoy or valkyrie. get a merc, then go down there and let duriel charge at him. town portal immediately. cast inner sight first then shoot few arrow then go back to town, repeat the same procedure. Note, this will take lots of money.

in single player game I level up to 30 first before fighting him. thus i have valkyrie and decoy when fighting him. which make things easier.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:08 PM   #3
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Level 22 I'm relooking at the different classes, and I'm starting up this character again. Looks like the only thing to do is to level up a lot more. Thanks anyways.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If you have the hitpoints (and rejuves) you can stand there and shoot him, using cold arrow and multishot. The thing to avoid is his charge, which can kill you very quickly. Up close, he isn't too bad (aside from that Holy Freeze aura, against which there is no protection).

I typically do this around level 18 or so. Keep in mind, however, that I am using the original v1.0 release, with no patches installed. If you have something later, it may be different for you, because I'm sure the 'zon was nerfed somewhere along the way.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:05 PM   #5
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I have the patches. And, his up-close attack is pretty darn bad. 25-50 HP per hit means that after about 4-5 hits, I'm sunk. Add in his acceleration, his slowing aura, and his massive HP, and I'm dead.

I managed to get him about half-way dead, but I exited the game to get my body back at the town. I know... I could've fought it out, but it is damn hard to recover a body when you're scrambling to stay alive.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, if you still have problem. maybe I can help you by playing tcp/ip game. then again it's defeat the purpose of playing single game. up to you of course.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Nah. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I might play later on online, but for now, I just want to kill him one-on-one. I've had to TP out of there 10 times there, and I've died once. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:21 AM   #8
Manshoon

You should prolly put some points in the evade/dodge branch of the passive/magic skills, get a better damage bow, and get some life leach. Cathan's rings are great for low level life leaching if you can find one. Best thing to do is run around the Arcane Sanctuary until you either find one or another leach ring. Also, if you can, find leach on helms, gloves, anything you can... pump some points in your dexterity... it shouldn't be that hard.

Oh, rejuvie potions help

ADD: Also, make the TP in the room BEFORE Duriel, that way if you die, you can go through, make another TP, and have a little easier time getting your body back

(former diablo 2 junkie talking)

[ 07-29-2003, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: 605 ]