Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 07:12 PM   #11
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Xod:
I don't think anything can protect you from Imprisonment. There is no saving throw. And even 100% magic resist won't help.
.Spell Shield vs Abjuration protects you
So does Berserker rage
And it's Elder Orbs which have Imprisonment spell

Old 05-15-2001, 02:18 AM   #12
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

The shield only protects against beholder RAYS. The elder orbs abilities like imprisonment are spells cast by the beholder so aren't stopped by the shield.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:56 AM   #13
ShadowUK

oh
ok

I stand corrected,
Appologies everyone.......

------------------
Old 05-15-2001, 08:16 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Elder Orb is where??? Is that one monster, or are there many of them? There is an Elder Orb (at least i guess it was one) in the Planar Sphere, which is easily destroyed with help of the Golem Lavok (the necromancer)created. You have to assemble the Golem by finding his missing bodyparts, and then destroying the three fire elementals in the room to the north.. then activate the golem machine again, and he will immediately destroy the Elder Orb...

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......

Old 05-15-2001, 08:23 AM   #15
Cayle
The Magister

Link,

Don't worry, you will probably meet at least one or two more later in the game.

BTW- Welcome!

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-17-2001, 03:47 AM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

But I'm right about the Golem & Elder Orb??? And is the Gauth (is that it's name) in the lower parts of the Unseeing Eye a beholder.. I killed him easily with a couple of fireballs.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-17-2001, 09:08 AM   #17
Simon
The Magister

Link, That Gauth thing is giving me upmost gip. When you say you killed him you do mean all three of them right? How did you avoid getting held and zapped to oblivion? and once they are delt with (I used ctl + Y, just to have a look at what was beyond) where's the goddammed thingy your ment to be retreaving????
Old 05-17-2001, 01:02 PM   #18
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I just equipped Keldorn with Balduran's Shield and he stood there whilst they killed themselves

The stupid shadows that ran to attack him lasted as long as I remembered he was holding Daystar in his other hand!